Growth Initiatives Business Development Analyst
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for driving growth initiatives of the Collaboration Technology Group, developing a data-driven culture and enabling the organization to make informed decisions through data. You will lead cross-functional special growth initiative teams (working with Product Management, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and other teams) to identify and evaluate critical strategic growth initiative priorities, and to accelerate action against these initiatives through strategic and long-range business planning and performance management. This candidate should be motivated, agile, with strong time management, project management, technical, and analytical skills and have a proven record of working complex and cross-functional business intelligence & strategy projects to their completion.
- You will act as an external representative of the Collaboration Technology Group in business development relationships that will require the following:
- You will identify, analyze and evaluate potential growth initiatives, integrating business and technology (offering) requirements as well as competitive dynamics
- You will work directly with Cisco account teams, partners and collaboration sellers to educate and promote joint solutions with Ecosystem partners documenting wins and value throughout the process
- You will be a leader, working cross-organizationally (internal and external) to negotiate agreements, develop and execute detailed GTM plans for each growth initiative, gaining buy-in and commitments from key stakeholders throughout Cisco and Partner organizations
- You will build relationships with CTG product management to understand product direction/roadmap and to identify growth initiative areas. You are expected to understand the latest developments and trends and keep a pulse on the market through research and attending industry and technology conferences
Who You'll Work With
The Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is a multi-billion dollar technology business that creates enterprise collaboration solutions, and is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users. CTG’s strategy are to develop the most simple and intuitive collaboration tools and build bridges to the applications and modes of working that are most comfortable for our users. In order to do this we must sustain innovation in our current product lines, and develop high quality new growth initiatives for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. The Strategy group is an agile, global team chartered with challenging the status quo and focusing on next generation experiences. The team understands the collaboration market landscape and customer requirements extremely well. This allows us to be ahead of the curve placing calculated bets on technology and use cases from strategic Ecosystem Partners that will prove to be a winning combination with Cisco as we jointly go to market together.
Who You Are
We create and start things here on this team. You’ll be highly customer-focused and possess an entrepreneurial attitude, effective at leading cross-functional and cross-organizational teams beyond “business as usual” to achieve great things.
You will be able to speak to all levels of an organization (internal and external) with a combination of strategy, product, sales, marketing, and finance acumen. As a “trusted advisor” you are effective at communicating and building confidence among executive leadership of Cisco and Partner organizations.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to manage complex projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment is crucial
- You have 3-5 years of business development experience
- You have extensive experience with GTM planning and execution
- You have sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- You have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically; able to translate strategic initiatives into detailed execution plans. You have the understanding of Cisco Collaboration and competitors’ solutions and business models
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.