Graduate Software Engineer
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Do you want to improve the way people work together?
Cisco is a global front runner in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. Here in Norway, 350 brilliant engineers, located in our bright and comfortable offices at Lysaker, design all parts of our products – from hardware to software to industrial design. We take pride in our culture of innovation, inclusion and diversity. And now, we are growing!
We are kicking off the search for our new Graduate Software Engineers to strengthen all our software teams - within a wide range of disciplines - to create our new video conferencing devices.
What you will do:
● Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms;
● Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article;
● Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers;
● Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues.
Our dream candidate is:
● In your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
● A great proven academic record
● Passionate about product development
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering
● Experience with multiple programming languages
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
● Comfortable with working in teams
● The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English Good English verbal and written skills.
You should also be able to live and work in Norway with no additional visa sponsorship from Cisco.
What to expect from Cisco Norway:
● You will be part of a strong engineering team with broad and deep technology competence.
● You will work cross functionally and get to know other disciplines than your own.
● You will have the possibility to grow and develop, both personally and professionally, and be included in a network of amazing people.
● We have a lot of FUN, both at work, but also at our parties enjoying our excellent house band, offsites at the company cabin and during activities like cooking courses, kayaking, yoga and Oslo Toughest.
We can offer a competitive combination of compensation and benefits; including 6 weeks of vacation, 5 days off for doing voluntary work, a day off on your birthday, good pension benefits, insurances and - of course - free ice cream during warm summer days.
Upon applying please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.
For any questions you can reach us on email@example.com
Have a closer look at our portfolio at projectworkplace.cisco.com.