Graduate Software Engineer, Wireless
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Want to get an exciting start to your career? Bring your outstanding talents to Enterprise Networking, the engineering team at Cisco that builds the software powering networking platforms for applications such as routing, switching, wireless, cable access and internet of things.
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in solving new, ambitious problems. You will develop and maintain wireless products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks. Build high performance, highly scalable, multi-cloud environment, complex and distributed systems - end to end. Participate in the full software development lifecycle for a large system – at scale. The main responsibilities are:
- Design and develop new features for Cisco Wireless products: writing specifications, coding, unit testing and integration of the code across multiple platforms.
- Test on simulated and real hardware in typical customer scenarios as well as stress and scale scenarios.
- Contribute to the automation of unit, integration, feature, and system level testing.
- Support and maintain the quality of the software, help customers to debug issues and fix defects.
- Plan, design, operate and improve continuous integration and automated testing systems; write, deliver, and maintain tests for the toolset.
Who You'll Work With
Be part of building next generation scalable wireless solutions.
As an integral member of this team, you will work with a diverse group of engineers at all career levels. We architect, design, and develop some of the key features that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and challenging!
Who You Are
Excellent quality is what drives you. To ensure this, you have a good understanding of embedded software, and knowledge of L2, L3 protocols. You possess the skills to work in a highly collaborative, inclusive, and agile atmosphere in partnership with multi-functional teams. You want to learn, grow, and evolve.
Education and Experience
University degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent. Additional experience in the form of student positions or internships, is a plus.
- Ability to write good software in C and C++.
- Networking experience including TCP/IP and networking protocols.
- Confirmed problem-solving skills.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Strong interpersonal skills: You should be able to multitask with multiple people and distributed teams.
- Python knowledge.
- Experience with real-time O/S and with Unix/Linux development tools.
- Understanding of Wireless Networking Technologies and 802.11.
- Cloud technologies, such as AWS, Kubernetes or Docker. Experience with databases and knowledge in some of the following areas: SQL, Postgress, Spark, Redis, MongoDB.
- Experience with scripting and unit, integration test tools and dashboards a plus.
- Dedication to customer success is key to this role.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are technology leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.