Graduate Software Engineer (Full time) Norway
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Start Date: August 2019
Location: Lysaker, Oslo, Norway
Upon applying please upload your application/cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.
If you should have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers who create breathtaking collaboration products using bleeding edge technology in order to make it easier for people to connect. You will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
You will be part of a team that develops the next generation collaboration technology and cloud services. You will have opportunities for writing C/C++ on embedded linux systems, and/or Java and Python on Linux for our cloud and infrastructure software. Our development team is involved from low level hardware and software all the way to the user interface, as well as deploying software to our cloud platform.
What you will do:
● Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article;
● Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers;
● Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues.
What you need to be eligible:
● In your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
● Passionate about product development
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Experience with multiple programming languages
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
● Comfortable with working in teams
● Good English verbal and written skills.
What we offer you:
● Competitive salary package with pension and insurances