Graduate Hardware Engineer
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Job TypeNew Graduate
Do you want to be part of changing and improving the way people work together?
Cisco Norway is a world leader in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. We are 350 engineers who design all parts of our products – from hardware to software to industrial design. We take pride in our culture of innovation, inclusion and diversity. And now, we are growing!
Are you our next Electrical Engineer that loves a multidisciplinary challenge? In our test, hardware and compliance teams, we are expanding and searching for several Electrical Engineers to join our teams. You will be involved from the first design sketches to a fully mass manufacturable products shipping out to customers. Through participation in cross functional groups, you will design, test and (in the name of science) destroy electrical parts, mechatronics, cameras, speakers, microphones and LCD’s.
Our dream candidate:
A new graduate or with 0-2 years working experience.
- You have 3+ years of higher education in Electrical Engineering, Electrical System Design, Informatics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related subjects,
- You have working knowledge with scripting (Python etc.) or an electrical schematic tool
- You are passionate and analytic
- You collaborate well, and are able to work in small and larger teams, groups and projects
- You live and work in Norway with no additional visa sponsorship from Cisco
- You communicate clearly and effectively in English.
You will join a world-class team with over 60% market share for our video endpoint products, and:
- Work with world leading design- and production methods
- You will be part of an engineering team with broad and deep technology competence you will learn a lot from
- Be a designer from the idea phase to the final state of mass manufacturing
- Design and build advanced test setups and environments
- Do hands on testing and verification of prototypes in our labs
- Travel to suppliers and factories if needed
- Work across cultures and geographies with a truly cross-functional team
- Enjoy a varied and flexible work-day
- Our site of 350 engineers across 10+ disciplines allows task, role and group change along your career
We will offer you a competitive combination of compensation and benefits; including 6 weeks of holiday, 5 days for voluntary work, a day off on your birthday, and of course free ice cream during warm summer days.
Start date: August 2020
Work Location: Lysaker, just outside of Oslo
Upon applying please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.