Global Systems Engineer
Location:Sao Paulo, Brazil
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
Systems Engineers in Cisco are technical leads that advise and support Sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge.
You’ll get to work across a vast portfolio of core, campus, and datacenter infrastructure solutions, remote work, and collaboration solutions, security, IoT, and full-stack observability.
This opportunity will touch a variety of Cisco technology solutions, focusing on the Enterprise business sector for global enterprise customers.
Our organization is looking for an expert systems architect looking to build out their career to the next level. The ideal candidate will have extremely strong campus and datacenter networking skills with a flair and drive in data center technology and be able to participate with Enterprise technical teams.
Who You'll Work With
The ideal candidate will help drive key deals in selected accounts as well as be an advocate for the customer within Cisco and contribute to a Global Cisco team.
- Ability to demonstrate past or previous influence points and solutions
- Ability to show preference or solution influence with key business architects
- Knowledge of customer campus networking trends including Software Defined Networking (SDN), SD-WAN, Wireless, and networking management, and orchestration solutions
In this job you will:
- Translate enterprise customer needs in high-level solutions design.
Bring new networking technologies to market.
- Liaise with the Business Units and Technical Marketing to understand our products, technologies, and Services.
- Continuously help develop our solutions by providing feedback from the field.
Prepare model RFP's and respond to customer RFP's.
- Conduct training and technical workshops for Customers and internal teams.
Understand competitor offerings and provide recommendations to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
- Represent Cisco on community forums and customer-facing events.
- Travel to visit customers all over Latin America when sanitary conditions allow
- Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
The network touches everything: come and define it with us.
Who You Are
- Strong understanding of Campus networking (L2/L3), Software Defined Networking, Datacenter virtualization, Orchestration, and NFV for enterprise application orchestration is highly desirable.
Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria, and applications.
- You bring 5+ years of pre-sales engineering or technical customer-facing experience.
- You have a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Highly desirable to have CCIE or CCNP certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Write and speak English and Portuguese fluently.
- Phenomenal relationship-building skills, tenacity, resilience. Being steadfast on competitive deals.
- Nurture a positive thinking attitude to be able to deal with even the most difficult situations
- Impactful verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills.
- Through understanding and deep dive into some or all of the following technologies: SDN, SD-WAN, remote and Work from Home (WFH) solutions.
- Knowledge of Cisco products and Cisco certifications are preferred.
- Adept at using initiative, discretion, and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
- Adept at customer interactions from the CIO through to technical staff.
- Knowledge of sales cycle.
- Good self-initiative and ability to work independently and remotely as well as with your team to accomplish objectives.
- Good understanding of the market space and offerings as well as CAPEX and OpEx consumption models in IT.
- Ability to train and mentor others in our enterprise technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting ad having a conversation in DevOps environments is desirable
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!