Global Proposal Manager
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestBusiness Development
We’re looking for a Global Proposal Manager to join the Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) organization. The main focus this role is the management and preparation of all assigned proposals from concept through final submission to the customer, primarily on the Cisco technologies and products questions of each RFP. You will lead the RFP response development process from beginning-to-end in accordance with standard processes and templates. You will work with Field Account Teams (Account Managers and Systems Engineers) to determine the available capacity that can be handled by GVE, assign specific authors, manage the schedule, provide technical insight and mentorship to authors in content development, and ensure the proposal is ready for scheduled step reviews and final delivery.
- You should have experience working as an engineer and transitioned into a Proposal Manager or Project Manager role within the past few years.
- Technical proficiency on Cisco solutions in Security and Service Provider practices is required and in Data Center and Enterprise Networking practices are highly desired.
- You should be ambitious, attentive, and has demonstrated bid and proposal process development, project management, proposal management, and good technical writing experience.
- Good interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills, and work with the sales teams across the globe in order to achieve on-time delivery of successful submissions. This is a highly-networked role that requires the ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- While this role has a heavy emphasis on business insight, it is also important that this resource come from a technical background with Cisco engineering experience. You will need to assess the level of technical complexity of RFP questions to categorize them in groups of simple or complex, then work with engineers with different expertise skill levels, to ultimately validate the technical accuracy throughout the RFP.
The main responsibility of the Request for Proposal Manager is to be responsible for the end to end process for the management of the (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) technical responses. Working in conjunction with experienced systems engineers, they will lead every stage of the process from verifying capacity and figuring out amount of work that can be processed at any given time, prioritizing the work to be completed with requesters, developing the technical response document and finalizing the technical responses to be provided back to the requester. The RFP Manager will act as a leadership liaison for the proposal schedule, project scope, responsibility matrix, templates etc. until completion.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Understand all aspects of the proposal development and production process, be able to build partnerships across the business to ensure a comprehensive and cohesive proposal response and be adept at evoking and instilling a sense of commitment to a quality product in team members.
- Complexity of proposals handled will range from straight-forward and single solution based to very large, multi-product/solution complex proposals.
- Deliver positive, quantifiable results for the team and its customers which will be measured across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Effectively and compellingly communicate key capabilities to address customer needs
- Proposal Targets: Meet or exceed stated proposal response targets
- Internal Business Processes: Show talent with internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate growing proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Collaboration and Planning: Collaborate with, and effectively run virtual team(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related field, plus extension degree in business or sales related field.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP certifications highly preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Proposal Automation software, e.g. Qvidian, RFP I/O, etc.
- Cisco product & architecture experience: Security, Service Provides, Data Center, Enterprise Networking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and internet research.
5+ years of sales/proposal experience and/or supporting responses to RFx opportunities.
Prior Cisco engineering
Proposal experience with a focus on RFP Management, solution development, solution selling and/or bid management a plus.
Skills & Competencies
- Capable of managing by influence cross functionality within a matrix structure.
- Ability to rapidly gain credibility with and contribute to key internal and external partners.
- High degree of technical business experience and awareness cross industry, solutions, and architectures
- Solid ability to communicate the company's vision and solution approach.
- Demonstrates leadership, planning, execution and manage in a virtual team environment.
- Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Excellent communicator who can earn the respect of the partners and customers.
- Should be comfortable working effectively across the organization.
- Acts in line with the vision, mission, and established goals.
- You will have excellent writing skills, be both technical and analytical, and possess meaningful experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com (SFDC) is a plus.
- Certifications in project management (PMP, ITIL) will be highly preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco