Global Manufacturing Business Development Manager
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Alternate LocationRemote - Central US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Manufacturing Industry Business Development Manager(BDM)
Cisco’s Global Industry Solutions Group (ISG) is looking for a high-energy, experienced Manufacturing Industry BDM to join our team as we look to help our customers accelerate their digital transformation journeys. We do this by aligning Cisco’s unified technology platform & digital capabilities to our customer's business imperatives in the Manufacturing sector.
Reporting to the Director of the Industrial & Consumer Global Industry Solutions Group, this role is responsible for the business alignment of Cisco activity across Manufacturing to ensure consistency of message, vision, and direction. The Manufacturing Industry BDM will leverage their deep understanding of the industry, competitive landscape, and the digital disruption impacting customers to identify key customer challenges, and then articulate & help align Cisco’s value propositions and digital solutions to deliver customer driven business outcomes.
As a global Manufacturing industry BDM, the successful candidate will work closely with other Cisco business and technical resources across Sales, Services, Product, and Partners to co-develop and execute the Practice Go-to-Market (GTM) plan, and to build, enable and sustain an active Manufacturing community of interest across Cisco.
Through partnerships across this community, the Industry BDM drives scale and replicability of Cisco’s digital capabilities by empowering field sales teams and partners (ISVs and system integrators) with deep insights into the business drivers of customers and with knowledge of how Cisco’s portfolio of Manufacturing Campaigns deliver tangible business outcomes.
The BDM also leverages customer and solution best practices to develop and scale sales assets and thought leadership (case studies, references, design guides, presentation material, sales tools etc) in order to enhance the skills and capability of Cisco’s Manufacturing aligned field organization.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Use his/her business development and/or industry experience and subject matter expertise to build the Mfg Practice and Cisco’s strength in the Mfg marketplace – industry presence, thought leadership, solution development, partner ecosystem, and marketing.
· Provides input and executes a multi-year strategy and engagement plan for the Mfg Vertical Practice with guidance from theatre sales leadership.
· Helps to build, partner and sustains a Manufacturing community of practice across the Globe that engages the field sales organization through best practice sharing, content development and enablement programs.
· Collaborates with theatre sales & business development teams on selective high impact light house engagements and then scales best practices, references, sales content etc across the Cisco Mfg community.
· Drives integration of partner/services capabilities into Mfg Points of View by leveraging internal and cross-functional resources.
· Engages, advises and mentors field sales & business development teams on Mfg vertical campaigns, platforms, business challenges, and customer engagement tactics/strategies.
· Represents “voice of the customer” to Cisco for demonstrations, architectures, platforms, campaigns, and product requirements for the practice.
· Works alongside the Solutions Architects to develop the strategy and use case priorities as part of the overall practice.
Qualification & Experience
· Deep applied Mfg knowledge in a leadership role working at a customer, partner, or vertically aligned ISV.
· Demonstrated experience, commitment and passion regarding the potential of Cisco’s portfolio of offers to solve business challenges and deliver business value..
· Understanding of competitive and partner landscape; mature point of view on Cisco’s potential and limits in the Manufacturing marketplace.
· Visibility and relationships in the Manufacturing community..
· Expertise in consultative selling approaches and establishing credibility as trusted advisor by executives, architects, and industry personnel.
· Experience in developing an ISV/OEM/SI partner ecosystem to drive joint sales or technical engagement.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in an environment of high autonomy.
· Experience in creating and communicating compelling messages to C-level executives, with an ability to leverage logic, experience, facts, and passion to influence others.
· Proven ability to work with other executives in the development of strategic direction.
· Ability to lead & influence teams of diverse backgrounds to deliver quality results.
· 10+ years industry experience or equivalent preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership and collaborative style which builds alliances and emphasizes high morale, effective team work and high professional standards.
· Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, establish credibility, and gain confidence of multiple stakeholders across Cisco, Partners, and the extended Vertical Practice
· Demonstrated ability to frame customer business imperatives and inspire confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents.
· Ability to balance organizational growth, team leadership, and customer management.
· Demonstrated creativity and team focus in a dynamic, fast paced, and changing environment.
· Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, and a high motivation towards setting goals and delivering time sensitive results.
· Demonstrated passion and ability for delivering results through extended communities and teams.