Global Demo Engineering - Technical Solution Specialist (security-focused)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
The Cisco Global Demo Engineering team provide Customers, Partners and Cisco Employees with a way to Experience Cisco Solutions on the dCloud Platform, in customer proof of concept labs, training events, or test drives. By demonstrating to customers how Cisco products can make them more productive, sales teams and partners can enlarge sales opportunities and shorten the sales cycle.
We provide a full-suite, integrated sales-enablement portfolio that provides:
· Instant demos, guided demos, podcast and on-demand videos with trusted content for customers to learn about our technology
· Scheduled demos, labs, test centers and workshops for customers to get a deep dive with our technology
· Expert-led engagements to validate solutions and offer proof-of-concepts in the customer environment
· Pre-sales services, customized templates and content for fast proposals and RFP responses to help customers decide to purchase
The Engineer will be responsible for the development and execution of a wide range of Data Center content (demonstrations, labs, etc.) for internal and external audiences. Plans, develops, implements demonstrations with responsibilities including design, use cases, documentation, ordering, and project communication. Designs and executes customer proof of concept solutions for large implementations and directly relates with customer’s engineering teams. Hands on technical experience and implementation of said designs and validation.
Project Management Collaboration 20%
Identify and prioritize all project related tasks. Ability to organize, strategize and communicate project goals, objectives and tasks at all levels of the organization.
Demo Engineering 45%
Install, deploy, and configure all solution components, switches, routers, firewalls, appliances and servers that support customer demonstration models. Integrate virtual and physical environments together to achieve seamless design goals. Help create demonstration and lab guide flows as to relate to the business advantages of the technological solution. Work as the liaison to the operations team to resolve issues identified during the development and testing process, providing technical support and making design recommendations for fixes. Provide schematics as required of design concepts aiding in the build and troubleshooting of customer demonstrations, labs, and proof of concepts.
Platform Design 20%
Must properly document and plan all projects prior to entering project build phase. Candidate must be well versed in the use of standard design templates and tools (Visio, ppt, MS Project).
Provide technical support to level 1 & 2 support engineers, Program Managers and others ensuring that demonstrations are in working order. Test and replicate issues on the support row as required. Log into remote sites, test and apply fixes as required. Make recommendations to on-site support staff to negate future demonstration disruptions. Track and log escalations effectively.
Lead training labs and presentations to internal and end customers showcasing the security technology. Provide the business advantages of said technology while educating the users towards the final sale. Continue the customer evolution from Learn, Experience, Validate, Decide.
Other responsibilities, as assigned, including email management, meeting attendance, etc.
• Clear understanding of virtual environments including VMware and integration with hardware
• Expert skill in evolving data center solutions architectural design
• Current knowledge of Cisco Security products and other Cisco Security software
• Demonstrate clear direction of large security designs into real world network environments
• Ability to travel to unfamiliar world wide customer briefing center sites and work effectively under time constraints and other job pressures.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot automation program languages such as python and PowerShell
• Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting Layers 1 through 4 of the OSI model.
• Demonstrate knowledge of key operating systems including Windows, Linux, Android, and Apple
• Willing and excited to learn new technology
Preferred Skills and Certifications
· CCNP/CCIE Security or equivalent
· 7+ years of experience
· Ability to self-manage with excellent time management skills and the ability to organize competing priorities and tasks; as well as, support projects within various global time zones
· Must possess a sense of urgency, able to respond to the shifting demands of a team driven by critical time-to-market business demands, and able to drive the development of cross-functional projects to successful deployment
· Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, quickly responding to changes in demands, direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments. Able to switch rapidly between different projects with multiple competing priorities in a very fast-paced environment.
· Analytical Skills: Knowledge and effective use of source material to resolve questions. Understanding of when to shift from analysis to action. Ability to think critically and apply judgment when executing processes, recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action. Ability to identify potential project risks, formulate plans to effectively eliminate or mitigate potential risks
· Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on. Capacity for high productivity with repetitive work
· Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively. Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a focus on rapport, building sustaining relationships, listening, and promoting and focusing on common goals and win-win results
· Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems; persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress. Ability to lead, motivate, negotiate and influence with a strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration with a diverse group of business and technical professionals
· Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments; producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and pitching in to get the job done
· Independent Learner: Ability to create meaning, gain understanding, make judgments, make good decisions, self-analyze and reflect with limited direction. Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills. Must have the drive to attempt to ‘figure it out’ rather than waiting for someone to handover information
· Planning and Organization: Anticipating and drawing inferences about the future and structuring resources and actions in a logical manner. The ability to anticipate problems and identify alternative solutions. Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity. Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously and respond to quick turn-around requests
Reports to: Security Practice Owner
Works Closely with: Content Development Team, Project Management Team,Technical Leads, Automation/UI Development Team, ArchitectureTechnical Writer, dCloud Social Media Specialist, Platform Team and NetOps Team.
Direct Reports: None