Global Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Senior Director
Location:Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
This role is critical in establishing and building a sound Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery office and practice that spans business processes, technical systems and people. The role will look at our top business processes and IT systems that support them end-to-end and establish regular Business Continuity and recovery testing. This role will also proactively identify gaps across people, process, technology from the perspective of resiliency and high availability and drive plan to fill those gaps.
- Build and Lead the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Office
- Hire and build a mix of Business Continuity governance and Technical/Architectural expertise
- Build end-to-end key business processes & technical systems that span People, Process, Technology.
- Understand and calibrate criticality of the business processes and systems. Establish both business process and system RTO, RPO.
- Create detailed Technical recovery processes (TRP).
- Identify Single points of failure and drive resolution.
- Analyze systems, processes to ensure 24x7 coverage and operation.
- Establish regular real testing of business processes and systems.
- Work with Audit, governance functions to evaluate the resiliency and business continuity effectiveness and compliance.
- Identify and drive Automation of recovery mechanism.
- Identify and establish governance for adding new application and services from recovery perspective.
- Identify exception processes.
Who You'll Work With
The role is highly impactful and will have visibility at the IT and Operations Executive level and at the Cisco ELT and Board level to share program and governance updates.
Who You Are
Professional and Technical Experience Required
- 10 + years disaster recovery/system resilience experience
- IT/ Application Development background in Technical Lead role
- Good mix of business and technical expertise and ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with business continuity best practices and standards.
- Awareness of prevailing theories on global operational resilience efforts
- Ability to influence and lead change execution throughout the organization
- Expertise in High Availability technology infrastructure including servers, storage, and networks; Multiple deployment architectures, including on-premises data centers and hybrid cloud; Data replication and restoration between data centers; Testing of disaster scenarios including loss of applications, servers, networks, data centers, databases; Technology Risk Appetite and Assessments.