Global Accounts Americas System Engineer
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Every business is digitizing, every nation is becoming smart and connected, and everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired, and in turn, to encourage and inspire others. You will wake up every day feeling energized, all ready to convert bold ideas to reality.
What You’ll Do
The Global Account Systems Engineer is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and insight to customers. You will partner with the Account Manager to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
You will provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use your technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan
- Participate in the creation of a technical account plan
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education Qualify Opportunities
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as TSA, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution return on investment
- Coordinate solution development, including using replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or lead all aspects of development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customers
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence
Who You'll Work With
The technical specialist SE acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert, or trusted technical advisor, in his / her field by the account team and customer. All SEs engage customers face-to-face or via collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc.
As part of Cisco’s Country Global Enterprise Model for AGES (Americas), it will be necessary to work cross-functionally with various members of the Headquarters Team. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
- 5+ years-related experience.
- Cisco product experience or meaningful experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of the customer model and common financial concerns; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform Technical Acumen
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Understand competitive product and solution landscape
- Advanced knowledge in Routing & Switching and Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
- Proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
- The SE has an in depth knowledge of their specialization and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and competitive information
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.