Global Account Manager
Area of InterestBusiness Development
The Cisco Global Account Manager (GAM) is Cisco's Global Accounts Customer's single point of accountability. The GAM has the India responsibilities for developing and driving a long term elevated and intimate customer relationship, which results in profitable and predictable revenue growth and high customer loyalty.
- The Global Account Manager has India responsibilities for developing and driving a long term elevated and intimate customer relationship, which results in profitable and predictable revenue growth and high customer loyalty
- Work with the Headquarter & Regional Account Team to drive adoption and execution of the global/regional strategy.
- Responsible for the account planning process and execution against the goal and plan.
- Builds demand creation, sell, delivery and ongoing support plan based on comprehensive understanding of the customer and the industry the customer operates in.
- Establishes strong relationships within Cisco Global Account community and coordinates Cisco resources locally
- The role requires a highly driven sales representative who is successful at building LoB and senior customer executive relationships and partnering them to drive growth in their business.
- This position requires a strong aptitude for identifying customer business needs and for building relationships with decision makers and primary influencers in the purchasing decision process.
- An ability to understand and work with organizations at the local as well as global level is also essential.
Skills / Qualification:
- A minimum of 5 years successful sales experience managing a large strategic account, building and developing sales relationships to a CXO level in a growing business environment such as Cisco or in a previous technology sales organization that included account managers and systems engineers.
- A solid understanding of direct and indirect global distribution models with a strong track record in salesis essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a process for and success with managing large accounts, including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term, mid term, and long term opportunity management.
- Experienced and successful with a team selling approach across business units is a must, including successfully diagnosing and proactively resolving potential team conflict.
- Must have the ability to deliver business value to the account and build on key customer relationships.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy. Position "end to end" solutions and articulate Cisco strategies to senior customer executives.
- Prefer a bachelors or master s degree or equivalent with a strong technical and business knowledge with complimentary skills to understand the customer’s business drivers and align to Cisco solutions
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.