General Manager Denmark
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
General Manager Denmark
What You'll Do
As General Manager at Cisco - a global technology company market leader in networking, data center, security and collaboration solutions - you will be responsible for carrying out a country wide vision & strategy that delivers ground-breaking value to our customers and partners. Your strategy will be closely aligned with the EMEAR and global teams and will focus on driving the strategic global GTM models in Denmark.
As part of the EMEAR North Leadership Team, you will not only represent your country but also contribute to the direction and success of the North Theatre.
The General manager role sits in the Sales function: developing, leading and orchestrating the Cisco business, customers and partners in-country to drive profitable growth and inspiring and leading the Cisco Danish Sales team (sales, technical, Channel, and support) to success.
You will also play a key role in strengthening the Cisco brand in country and acting as a spokesperson and representative for all functions on behalf of Cisco.
- Performing a countrywide vision and strategy that delivers ground-breaking value to our customers and partners.
- Aligning the different Cisco segments operating in-country
- Actively achieving Operational Excellence
- Acting as external point of contact for country; developing strategic relationships across entire ecosystem (Customers, Partner, Government, Competitors, and Interest Groups).
- Contributing to North by thinking one level up and actively support peers
- Driving growth across all segments in all architectures; including Commercial, SP, Enterprise, Public Sector and Country Transformation business
- Developing a committed and differentiating Partner Landscape that deliver sustainable growth
- Developing, leading, running and guiding the Cisco businesses, customers as well as partners to drive growth, setting and achieving stretch profit and revenue growth targets
- Knowledge, Confidence, Risk – Investing heavily in developing yourself and the teams to beat competition
- Selling business outcomes to customers and driving customer success
- Promoting new business development and Innovation, i.e by bringing new (acquired, developed) products to market through most effective channel
- Mastering and evolving the Installed base
- Developing, nurturing and growing value–add relationships across the ecosystem (political, business leaders, country influencers) to drive a Digital agenda for the Country
- Developing, improving and strengthening the Cisco Denmark brand representing all functions of the company; being the spokesperson for Cisco in Denmark
- Role model: being a Cisco Citizen and actively contributing to the country society with Cisco Technology and Cisco’s employee experience
Lead our People
- Developing and driving a progressive, inclusive, and diverse leadership climate that elevates the level of transparency, confidence, and trust across all in-country employees– Walk the talk and lead from the front!
- Attracting, retaining, coaching, mentoring and encouraging employees in Country, and ensuring a Diverse Work force
- Establishing and leading a Country Leadership Board representing all employees in Denmark
- Developing #1 place to work & Early in Career
Who You'll Work With
Reporting to VP North, you will partner with other Country General Managers and cross functional leaders across the European business to drive success.
This is a rare and unusual opportunity to join a leading edge technology innovator and disruptor in the enterprise IT arena at a key inflection point in the evolution of the business.
Who You Are
You will bring
- Significant experience derived from within the high-tech sector with shown success in delivery of revenue target.
- Strong revenue generating performance in a country sales leadership role with experience in selling B2B enterprise technology in Denmark to both public and private sector clients.
- “next generation" collaborative leadership experience in high-performance, bold and dynamic growing technology business, including mid-size entities and/or management-consulting companies.
- A validated and sustained track record of success in Denmark, consistently driving growth ahead of the overall market.
- Customer oriented while focusing on profitability and efficiency
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade - using simple communications that convey sophisticated concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Confirmed ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
- Write and speak English and Danish fluently.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.