G6 Database Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Database Engineer – G6
WHO You are:
- A Smart, Curious, Challenge-seeking Database Engineer
- Passionate about developing high quality application, DevOps technologies
- Willing to jump in, learn and contribute in a global team of awesome engineers
WHO We are:
Cisco Unified Collaboration Technology Group (UCTG) - India Development Centre was established with a strong commitment to heavily invest in the industry-leading Cloud Collaboration solutions. 95% of Fortune 500 companies use Cisco Collaboration (290,000 customers)
The team in Bangalore is responsible for the development and support of Unified management solution for voice and video collaboration networks provides simplified monitoring and troubleshooting, and long-term trending and analytics.
The new variant of the product is being developed for the cloud with the latest cutting edge cloud technologies.
We are building smart, creative teams, tapping into the vast local talent, empowered to work on the latest, cutting-edge cloud technologies, DevOps, UI Technologies and solve business critical, challenging problems in Assurance and Analytics space.
This is the perfect time to join the world-class teams at the early stage of the product Development to help define, contribute and shape the Collaboration Engineering India identity.
WHAT You would learn here:
Building high quality Next-Gen Collaboration Assurance and Analytics product for cloud with test driven Agile Methodologies, using one or more of below technologies and gain hands-on expertise
WHAT skills are Required:
· BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech with distinction or 1st class
· About 3 – 6years of relevant work experience on Database side
· Strong in DB concepts and internals
· Strong knowledge in one/more DBMS, RDBMS, NoSQL
· DB design and implement OLAP and OLTP systems
· Server install and upgrades and configuration
· Design and setup Backup and recovery strategy
· Design and setup HA and DR
· Implement DB audits and logging
· DB hardening
· Automation of DB scripts
· Cloud deployments and automation
· DB Coding SQL, SPs and functions etc.
· DB security and user management
· Performance tuning SQL Code and Server tuning
· Working knowledge of Jenkins.
- Experience working in Linux based Operating Systems
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, devOps
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner
- Sound understanding in areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
· Experience with Linux systems
· Strong debugging skills
· Excellent collaboration skills
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner
WHAT skills are desired:
Shell, python, Powershell, CloudFormation, ETL tools
Any CLI utility
Any SQL compatible editor
Design tools like ERWin, or any
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.