Full-stack Python Developer
Location:Offsite, London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You’ll Do
Cisco Umbrella engineers develop next-generation technologies to secure our customers from a wide range of security threats, malware, and inappropriate content. We pioneered the SaaS model in security and have already launched massively scaled products that are changing the way our customers protect themselves and their users.
With data centres distributed around the world, Cisco operates at a scale that few other SaaS providers can match. Our Cisco Umbrella product scans billions of web requests every day and applies a range of DNS filtering, heuristics, machine learning, categorization, and filtering technology to safeguard against attack. Our mission now is to expand on this and build a best of class Secure Internet Gateway that enables businesses to operate in the cloud without fear of compromise, exploitation, or accidental data loss. We grow as the web grows, so the challenge is constant.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is responsible for building internal tools to enable product engineering teams to focus on delivering new features while we provide them with the tools to build a secure product and automate processes in the SDLC.
Who You Are
- Strong software engineering skills with Python.
- Experience in Python frameworks such as Django or Flask.
- Experience in Frontend Frameworks such as React JS or Angular JS.
- Solid grasp of software engineering concepts concerning distributed and cloud computing paradigms.
- Good understanding of network protocols and web-based technologies (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, REST, TLS).
- Enjoys fast paced environments with a focus on rapid delivery in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Relevant experience with min BS degree in CS/CE/IT or equivalent with minimum of 1 years' experience
- Experience building automation scripts and tools.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience in the field of RESTful API’s, microservices, distributed architecture.
- Fundamental skills in working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Passion or interest in security is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to assist engineers with debugging and verification.
- Confidence working both independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.