Full Stack Software Engineer
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, a team of 350 engineers creates breathtaking collaboration products, enabling people to easily connect. As part of this team, you will build applications that make our solutions accessible to customers all over the world, and you will tasked to imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how people work, live, learn and play.
You will be part of a passionate team that develops next generation collaboration technology and cloud services, known as . You will utilizing modern web technologies and Java, working iteratively in partnership with user experience designer, product marketing experts and service operations engineers. You will get the opportunity to work with a range of cutting edge technologies, from web frontend to our backend services and cloud platform. We are a full stack team; we develop cloud features from the platform layer all the way to the user interface, as well as deploying software many times a day directly to customers around the globe.
What you will do:
● Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software;
● Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team.
● Deploy your code and get fast feedback via DevOps metrics on usage and adoption from real customers;
● Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues.
What you need to be eligible:
● Minimum 2-3 years software development experience
● Passionate about product development;
● Solid understanding of web development with an aptitude for learning new technologies;
● Experience with multiple programming languages;
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills;
● Good English verbal and written skills.
What we offer you:
● Competitive salary package with pension and insurances;
● Design-awarded office: Our innovation centre is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best;
● Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all;
● A world of opportunities: Personalised learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs;
● We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance;
● Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco.
Do you want to join a rare team of talented colleagues who are eager to help and pursue interesting problems while creating products that the whole world uses? Our real passion for collaboration has enabled us to build a market-leading portfolio of products and solution. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We offer meaningful work for sharp and curious minds, "Nordic ﬂexibility" and international opportunities in a global company.