Full Stack Software Developer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who we are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the Customer & Partner Experience Engineering (CPXE) group is transforming how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CPXE organization is the team that is in the epicenter of developing modern, cloud native technologies in support of the evolving CX Product portfolio. To lay hold of this exciting vision, we are looking for top talent to deliver high performing, distributed engineering teams that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
Who You Are
A Software Engineer with day-to-day responsibility of working with Business to define requirements and other dev and QA engineers, program managers and leads to define, develop and deliver assigned programs. To do this the Engineer should have required skills, understanding of the required area and ability to learn and adapt to the needs of program. With this in mind, an understanding of the right skills, process understanding, and approach is vital.
We are seeking high energy and qualified candidates who possess the following skills and experience:
- Validated experience in working in complex software development applications which include build, test and deploy
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Critical thinking and big picture understanding of how applications work
- Good Communication - verbal and written and ability to work with remote team
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented teammate who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives.
- Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Always should be ready to learn new technology, tools and process
What you’ll do:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences is a must.
- Excellent organizational and social skills.
- Experience working in a team environment with a documented software development process; ideally, within an Agile methodology like Scrum.
- Ambitious and talented individual who enjoys hard problems
- Should have the thirst for learning new technology
- Technically able to get things done while providing guidance to other team members
- Angular 2.0 and above
- Node JS
- REST webservices
- Mongo DB
- Validated experience in Agile environments
Good to have
- JIRA, Confluence
Who you'll work with:
The CX IP Engineering RTP team seeks a highly motivated Software Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in development field using today's most advanced technologies. You will work cross functionally with the Customer Experience and IT organizations, playing a role in redefining Cisco by developing and implementing programs critical for Cisco Customers.
CXIP’s digital expertise makes us uniquely qualified to address the evolving expectations of today’s connected customers and partners, along with Cisco sellers. Using real-time connected data, machine learning, and automation; the team enables Cisco sellers and partners to deliver a powerful, personalized experience—throughout the entire customer lifecycle. CXIP is focused on providing customers with an immersive digital experience with Cisco. This in turn drives improvements in recurring revenue, cost savings and sales effectiveness for Cisco and its partners.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!