Full Stack Micro-Service Software Developer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- JOB DESCRIPTION
A Software development engineer to collaborate with multi-functional groups across Cisco, building on innovation, and focus on delivering value to our customers early, often and continuously.
What You'll Do
Manage and be part of a software development team, building the Next Generation Resource Management Service for 10,000 of our fellow Cisco Engineers. Help us design, build and deploy a microservices-based private cloud, delivering state-of-the-art: opensource, 3rd party and custom-designed applications for our users. We are at an exciting stage of this journey and looking for a passionate, innovative and action-oriented engineering leader who wants to be part of the team building a Next Generation Developer Experience at Cisco.
• Working with the cloud is one thing, building it is another. Come join our cloud development team as we push the envelope and build a private cloud that scales like no other.
•Designing and building this new platform you’ll be exposed the latest greatest in the world of cloud computing and containerization.
•Help us design this system to deliver a highly-reliable and scalable architecture for our fellow Cisco engineers who depend on it 24/7/365 globally.
•Leverage your knowledge of open-source and 3rd party software applications to ensure that the new platform utilizes industry-leading technology.
•Be constantly looking for new and innovative ways to solve user problems with new technologies
•Be part of the team which is transforming the development environment at Cisco!
Who You Are
• Someone who thrives on solving complex software development problems with mindset of continuous improvement
• 2 + years of software development experience, building software and services in a DevOps model, building applications and services.
• Highly motivated, self-starting, mid-career individual with the desire and initiative to expand your skills in a highly critical and complex environment.
• You still code and are willing to be hands-on. You also have the ability to go deep into technical architecture and design when needed to solve a complex problem.
• You have a strong track record of managing projects and has delivered multiple cloud products in the past.
• Strong on cloud technologies and cloud architectural patterns such as API services, Containerization, Micro-services, Application monitoring, and Elastic scaling.
• Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployments using Agile development methodologies, and DevOps practices
• Experience building and improving CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, SDLC tools, SonarQube, Linkt, and security testing tools.
• Significant experience with (in order of preference) Python (preferably with AsyncIO), JS/NodeJS, Angular8, Golang, Java, C+
• Experience with virtualization and containerization platforms like KVM, OpenStack, Docker.
• Experience with Cloud technologies including Marathon, Mesos, DCOS, Kubernetes, Terraform
• Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems, and services.
• Knowledge of Postgresql, MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra, InfluxDB, Redis, SharedFS (NFS, GlusterFS).
• Experience with OAuth and security protocols.
• Experience with monitoring technologies such as Prometheus, ELK and TICK stack.
• Experience using CI/CD systems including GitHub, Ansible, SonarQube and Bazel.
• Experience with loadbalancers like nginx, haproxy and Kong.
• Strong verbal and written communication, Strong analytical skills is a must
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco