Full Stack Engineer Software, Bachelors (Meraki)
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
Targeted Start Date May / June 2021 (recent graduated or April-June 2021 Graduates)
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure! Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Meraki, you will help design and build features for Meraki's Dashboard - the window to the entire Meraki experience. From Dashboard, our customers can control their entire Meraki stack: access points, switches, firewalls, client devices, cameras, and more. You will work across the stack with other developers, UX designers, and product management to build and improve the Dashboard web application. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
Example projects of a Full Stack Web Developer:
- Build services to fetch data from millions of Meraki devices, then present that data in a user-friendly way
- Improve performance and efficiency of our backend, allowing us to handle increasingly large datasets with minimal delay
- Build internal frameworks and refine front end infrastructure to augment developer productivity
- Construct API endpoints to allow Meraki users and third party companies to build custom tools and features
- Build a dashboard for anomaly / outlier detection on network traffic using machine learning algorithms
- Build a graph for network traffic analysis using clustering and other algorithms
You are an outstanding applicant if you:
- are a recent graduate or on your final year of studies toward a Bachelor’s technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science
- strive to build rich and dynamic web applications with front-end frameworks such as React, Redux, Ember, or Angular
- are familiar with programming languages and web frameworks like Ruby (Rails, EventMachine), Python (Django, Flask), or Node.js (Express)
- have worked with SQL and relational Databases
- would flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- are able to legally live and work in the country for which you're applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.