Full Stack Engineer - Intern London Summer 2023
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
Full Stack Software Engineer - Summer Internship 2023.
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Meraki, you will help craft and build features for Meraki's Dashboard - the window to the entire Meraki experience. From Dashboard, our customers can control their entire Meraki stack: access points, switches, firewalls, client devices, cameras, and more. You will work across the stack with other developers, UX designers, and product management to build and improve the Dashboard web application. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the expertise of our engineers. We value nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
This role will be full-time remote / hybrid (40hrs per wk) out of our London Office.
Some examples of previous intern projects:
- Create services to fetch data from millions of Meraki devices, then present that data in a user-friendly way
- Improve performance and efficiency of our backend, allowing us to handle increasingly large datasets with minimal delay
- Build internal frameworks and refine front end infrastructure to augment developer productivity
- Construct API endpoints to allow Meraki users and third party companies to build custom tools and features
- Build a dashboard for anomaly / outlier detection on network traffic using machine learning algorithms
- Build a graph for network traffic analysis using clustering and other algorithms
You are an outstanding applicant if you:
- Graduate in 2024 and working towards a BA/BSc in Computer Science, Engineering/ Software or a related subject area at University/ College or Accredited Course, Not accepting Masters students
- Have gained sector based experience and have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science
- Strive to build rich and dynamic web applications with front-end frameworks such as React, Redux, Ember, or Angular
- Are familiar with programming languages and web frameworks like C/ C++, Ruby (Rails, EventMachine), Python (Django, Flask), or Node.js (Express)
- Have worked with SQL and relational Databases
- Would thrive within a small engineering team and are always keen to tackle open-ended problems
Intern Program Overview:
Meraki interns and co-ops join the team for 12 and 16 week programs, respectively, and are placed directly onto sub-teams. During the program, interns/co-ops have the opportunity to work on a small starter project, such as integration and implementation of new tools, before spending the majority of the program on a larger project, such as building the infrastructure for a new service. Projects are cross functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern and co-op is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.