Frontend Software Engineer
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You’ll Do
Cisco Umbrella engineers develop next-generation technologies to secure our customers from a wide range of security threats, malware and inappropriate content. We pioneered the SaaS model in security, and have already launched massively scaled products that are changing the way our customers protect themselves and their users.
With data centers distributed around the world, Cisco operates at a scale that few other SaaS providers can match. Our Cisco Umbrella product scans billions of web requests every day and applies a range of DNS filtering, heuristics, machine learning, categorization and filtering technology to safeguard against attack. Our mission now is to expand on this and build a best of class Secure Internet Gateway that enables businesses to operate in the cloud without fear of compromise, exploitation or accidental data loss. We grow as the web grows, so the challenge is constant.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is responsible for a number of highly scalable security services and features in production use or undergoing development. This includes components that inspect hundreds of millions of customer web requests every day for malware and developing new content analysis components that support data loss prevention. We follow DevOps, we are Agile, we are fast paced, and in constant pursuit of improvement.
Who You Are
* A solid foundation in UI development using React
* Strong commercial development experience (3 years+)
* Working experience with containerization e.g. Docker
* Fundamental skills in working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
* Basic Unix skills
* Solid grasp of software engineering concepts around distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms
* Strong skills in deadline management and ability to work in a team environment
* Enjoys fast paced environments with a focus on rapid delivery in an Agile environment
* Good understanding of network protocols and web based technologies (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, REST, TLS)
* Commercial software engineering and development experience
* Experience in the field of RESTful API’s, microservices, distributed architecture
* Experience in building, deploying, monitoring, managing and maintaining cloud applications/components
* Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
* Relevant experience with a BS degree in CS/CE/IT or equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years of commercial experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to assist engineers with debugging and verification
* Confidence working both independently and as part of a small team
* Experience working to Agile methodologies
* Clear record of achievement and a willingness to work hard and persevere to make things happen
* Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Ready to be on On-Call for the service you build
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.