Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Are you our new Frontend Developer?
At Cisco Webex we make the best video collaboration tools and devices in the world – for your phone, laptop, desk, meeting room or executive boardroom. Check us out at webex.com! Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
Our visual collaboration team develops tools that help individuals and teams ideate, collaborate, co-create, visualize and present their ideas and plans.
We are now looking for skilled frontend developers for our new team in Galway.
Our team develops a visual collaboration tool for teams and individuals – both as a standalone web offering and deeply integrated with our own apps and devices. From digital whiteboarding to more complex collaborative canvases, we help teams be creative and productive before, during and after meetings.
You will work closely and iteratively together with designers and our core development team, prototyping, developing, deploying and maintaining our evolving feature set.
In this role you will
- work in a cross-functional dev team, together with designers, QA and product management
- understand our users, their requirements and pain points - and help solve them
- strive for data-driven development via instrumentation and telemetry
- develop, enhance and maintain core features
- share your knowledge and insights, educating and growing the team as well as your own learning and development
As important as your background and experience is your mindset and your approach. We encourage smart risks and think it is better to try and fail than to not try at all. At Cisco, you will be challenged and develop while having fun. If you prefer to work alone, this role may not suit you.
Do you have:
- at least 3 years of experience in software development?
- a passion for design, product development and collaborative tools?
- a desire to build efficient user interfaces that both clearly understandable and visually appealing?
- If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
At Cisco Webex can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. Both our Ireland and Norway groups were individually ranked #1 in 2021 by Great Place To Work, and we have every intention of building from that platform. We have a culture of recognition and believe that flexibility in the workplace is the key to a good work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer
- a unique opportunity to work from home – using the technology you develop
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it