Frontend Developer - Socio
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Socio, now a part of Cisco, is helping bring more inclusive experiences to in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. As an element of the WebEx Suite, Socio will enable the organization to bring forward the most comprehensive hybrid event management solution.
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be in a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
• Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
• Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the backend team.
Who You'll Work With
We are a highly synergetic team of developers who are passionate about shaping future's event technology with the focus of taking event experiences to the next level.
Who You Are
We are looking for a phenomenal Frontend developer who is proficient with React.js. Your main focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a dedication to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• A thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles having experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
• Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript and RESTful APIs.
• Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js) and common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
• Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus.
• Knowledge of the modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
• Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial).
• GraphQL experience will be a bonus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!