Front-End Architect/Tech Lead
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
The Front-End architect/tech lead role is mission critical to helping build (strategy, research, design, innovate, implement, maintain, optimize) a UI/UX/QA practice for enterprise networking business front-ends. You will have the ability to define a vision and strategy for the future of user experience for Cisco clients that encourages the organization to achieve that vision.
Architect, Design and develop with a team of UI developers and testing experts, this is a role that will challenge you to help lead the team's workload and to participate in it. Working together with the product and engineering teams, you are responsible for identifying and crafting solutions which serve Cisco clients' needs, goals and requirements for a seamless experience. You will be responsible for creating and delivering a Cisco signature experience for our customers.
You have strong communication and presentation skills Outstanding strategic thinking and leadership skills. Able to work independent or as part of a team with a focus on quality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science or Digital Design.
- 8+ years Developing UI for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise web applications.
- ES6 and TypeScript. Experience with Angular is essential. Knowledge AngularJS and React is a bonus.
- 8+ years HTML/CSS experience including layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 8+ years Browser APIs and optimizing front end performance and browser rendering behavior and performance.
· 3+ years hands on experience in UI automation using Cypress, Selenium
· Experience in unit test using Jasmine and code coverage with Karma
- Strong experience in Integrating with REST API on the backend.
- Hands-on experience in agile environment with CI/CD
- Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools such as Grunt, Gulp,js, Angular-cli, webpack.
- Understanding of ‘test driven development’ best practices
- Experience working public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc) is preferred
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.