Fleet and Endpoint Management Engineer
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
Meraki IT is looking for an Endpoint Engineer that has a passion for planning, building and maintaining the tools which manage our global fleet of Mac and Windows endpoints.
Our team works cross-functionally with our partners to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations, resolve issues, and give feedback on Meraki products. We support employees both at home and in our offices around the world. Together as a team, we are building the next generation of fleet management, and we’d love to have you along for the ride!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You'll be managing both Macs and Windows endpoints on a global level, improving the end-user experience, and refining processes through automation. You’ll work closely with our Meraki Systems Manager team to drive a long term impact on our product. In this role, you’ll be running point on developing and managing the next generation of Endpoint Management.
- Support and manage Apple and Windows operating systems remotely, and at scale.
- Implement and maintain a touchless and borderless endpoint management system and strategy
- Manage and maintain client configuration and security compliance standards across all endpoints
- Identify and internal process and automation improvements
- Partner with our Global Service Desk on provisioning and configuration management of our endpoints
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT support team
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation
- Advocates for features and capabilities in Systems Manager that will enhance the product for internal and external customers.
- Help grow and mature the experience for Merakians!
WHO YOU ARE:
- You enjoy working with a committed, and passionate team who are working together to build something great.
- You have a strong background in managing both Mac and Windows endpoints at a global scale
- You are well versed in using tools such as Munki, Puppet, Chef, and Chocolatey for platform management.
- You are passionate about the humans behind the technology, and how our devices are used to improve the working lives of employees
- You identify ways to improve efficiency and scale services leveraging automation tools.
- You are someone who enjoys partnering with teams to solve problems.
- You are looking to make an impact with your work in a supportive environment.
- 3 years in an IT Engineering or IT Support role in an enterprise environment
- 3 + years experience working with endpoint management or DevOps tools (Jamf Pro, Chef, Munki, Puppet, etc..)
- 1 + years experience in Windows administration (AD, WSUS, GPO management)
- Security compliance and audit (Sox, FEDRAMP, etc) experience
- Comfort working within a version control environment
NICE TO HAVE:
- Meraki product knowledge and experience
- Experience working with Duo, Thousand Eyes, or other Cisco tools
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.