Firmware/Software Engineering Co-Op Internship (Year Long, June 2021 - June 2022) - Meraki
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
Term: June 2021 to June 2022, Full-Time 40 hours weekly in San Francisco
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure! Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
Our Hardware Team leads all products and control every aspect of creation. From architecture and initial sketches through detailed design and the final drive to mass and sustaining production, nothing escapes the Hardware team's sphere of influence and responsibility.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed!
We encourage you to learn more about Cisco Meraki and what makes us unique.
What we look for in all intern/co-op candidates:
- Pursuing a BA/BS in Computer Science, ECE, EE, ME or STEM related field (in progress)
- You are able to work a full 12 month co-op term in a full time capacity within our San Francisco office (June 2021 to June 2022)
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Proactive learners who can quickly pick up working in multiple frameworks, languages and environments
- Passionate team players
- Continually able to learn from experience and eager for feedback
- Previous internship or large scale project experience
Projects and Work Life:
During the program, interns/co-ops have the opportunity to work on a small starter project, such as integration and implementation of new tools, before spending the majority of the program on a larger project, such as building the infrastructure for a wireless device. Projects are cross functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern and co-op is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life.
Examples of Previous Projects:
- Hardware Program Manager for an emerging product starting at the early technical Engineering Validation Testing Phase
- Project manager through the PVT stages up to MP
- Exploration towards a new research-based platform using bring-up, firmware, and UI development
- Furnished housing in San Francisco for duration of program
- Competitive salary
- Weekly social events inside and outside of the office (Giants games, Exploratorium tickets, friendly soccer games)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Customized laptop and desk setups
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plans
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we're challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We're building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone