Financial Analyst, STO
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
Who We Are
Cisco’s Security & Trust Organization (STO) plays a leading role in understanding customer needs for security, privacy, data protection, and customer data management. We are seeking an all-star Financial Analyst – as part of a newly formed team – to support the executives of this organization. Are you ready for the challenge?
What You'll Do
You will join STO Finance as a Financial Analyst leading all aspects of STO’s functional budgets and investment deployment. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Support business case development for funding requests
- Work closely with functional leaders and business operations to rationalize budgets
- Maintain projection models to support the annual budgeting cycle
- Prepare and facility monthly forecasting with functional leaders and Business Operations
- Ensure activities are properly forecasted; and forecasted activities are properly executed
- Recommend risk/opportunity adjustments with an objective point of view
- Maintain headcount forecast modeling with a high degree of precision
Reporting & Analysis
- Prepare and distribute spend reports; validate transactional expenditures
- Develop and maintain analyses, trends and metrics to influence/drive spend efficiency
Transactions & Compliance
- Perform cost estimation to assess affordability for resource acquisition
- Facilitate transactional execution including stakeholder agreement, compliance check and system processing
- Advise the business on transactional accounting treatments and impact on the forecast
- Be an ambassador of Cisco’s financial policies – educate the business, enforce the policies, coordinate audits and remedial actions
- Track QTD actuals and to-go activities to assess risks/opportunities in the forecast
- Coordinate timely and accurate PO accruals and closures
- Partner with Accounting on capitalized costs, amortization and payroll entries
- Reconcile general ledgers against forecasted spend; identify and resolve gaps
Process Improvement & Special Projects
- Maintain alignment of departmental and P&L hierarchies
- Identify, recommend and facility process improvement
- Provide support in special projects (Zero Based Budgeting, Agile Forecasting, Comp Strategy, Cost Classification)
Who You'll Work With
· STO’s Executives, Business Operations Managers, Central FP&A, Accounting
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated Finance professional with a solution-mindset, who applies critical thinking to solve problems. You are able to work independently, deliver on short term commitments while building for the long-haul. You can rapidly adapt to changes in a transformative environment and have exceptional organizational and time management skills. You are a dedicated teammate, willing and able to produce high quality work products consistently.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA and/or certification a plus
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a background in finance and accounting
- Strong command of complex data modeling using Microsoft Excel, such as the utilization of pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup, sumif, sumifs, countif, if/and/or
- Ability lead live Webex meetings and perform on-the-spot data analysis
- Capability to transform large data sets into digestible summaries
- Succinct communication; ability to connect the dots from the numbers to the business
- Familiarity with finance tools (Business Object, Hyperion/Essbase, FinABC)
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn and adopt new tools
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.