Finance Manager - Controls & Compliance (Individual Contributor)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
What You’ll do
You will handle the control environment for assigned business processes. You will provide mentorship, structure, & quality control to your business partners by communicating functional knowledge for walk-throughs, corporate-wide projects, and other initiatives. In this position, you will be empowered to make a difference, establish a reputation, and position yourself for continued growth.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leading the annual evaluation of SOX prioritization and end-to-end process and internal control design through walkthroughs with key partners - SOX IT, External Auditors, and the functional business process owners
- Provide oversight and mentorship to SOX specialist in the quarterly test of internal controls and review test results
- Effectively connect with and educate functional process owners, including non-finance individuals, on financial reporting risks, the importance of controls, an effective control environment and the role of the SOX audit team.
- Drive internal control risk assessment and readiness of business process, system, or organizational changes being driven by significant corporate initiatives/projects and/or information technology implementations.
- Prepare and report out metrics for functional processes to PMO Management, CFO Staff, and cross-functionally to Process Team Leads and/or Business Process Compliance Owners
- Partner cross-functionally with business and IT process and control owners to drive remediation actions for timely closure of control deficiencies
- Detail all work and maintain changes/updates in the SOX System of Record (BWise)
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices and regulations
Who You'll Work With
The Financial Compliance & Operations team is part of the Corporate Controller organization and partners with functional process owners and IT in the execution of Cisco’s enterprise-wide SOX Compliance Program. We use outstanding methodologies to enable continuous monitoring of the control environment and reporting in support of senior executive certifications.
Reporting to the SOX Senior Manager, this person will be a key resource supporting the risk assessment, scoping, and execution of the SOX program for certain key financial functional processes. This role gives the individual broad exposure to Cisco's business processes and is a collaborative partner engaging with our internal finance, IT and operations business partners in the design, testing and reporting of the SOX compliance program results. In addition, this role will partner with project teams in the evaluation of risk and internal control impact of large-scale projects that could affect the design, efficiency, and effectiveness of the control environment.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated, self-starter who learns quickly. You possess excellent leadership, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate successfully at all varying levels in Cisco’s organization. You are organized and pay high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related finance degree, with MBA/CPA, preferred
- 6+ years of audit/accounting/control design or related experience
- Big 4 Audit Experience Preferred
- Ability to communicate optimally with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Self-starter and ability to drive action items to closure
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong accounting and analytical skills with proven track record to apply knowledge
- Strong understanding of financial reporting risks and appropriate control design
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!