Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestFinance
What You Will Do:
You will be a Financial Analyst supporting the CX Lifecycle Solutions group. In this role, you will drive forecasting, reporting and variance analysis for COGS and HC for the CX business partners. You will be an advisor to CX business partners on their spending forecast, business metrics and related analysis. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day, monthly and quarterly deliverables involving OpEx and CoGS management and forecasting for the CX business partners. This role has visibility with senior leaders and business partners. You will have the chance to make recommendations to optimize costs and improve our current processes.
- Own OpEx and CoGS budget management which includes headcount/expense tracking, /forecast, allocation of budget to areas, submitting monthly accruals, approving purchase and headcount requisitions
- Analyze performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
- Understand internal and external drivers impacting OpEx performance and work closely with our business partners in making strategic spend decisions
- Partner with business partners to drive business performance
- Provide input on operational improvements and drive automation of our reporting processes
- You will also assist with other processes and ad hoc analytics as needed.
Who You'll Work With:
Customer Experience is taking the lead to ensure that the world has the right expertise, in the right place, at the right time, to support Cisco's customer base and vision. In addition to supporting the CX Lifecycle Solutions teams, you'll also work cross-functionally with groups including but not limited to CX Business Ops, CX FP&A, BE Finance, HR Payroll and accounting teams. Service is one of Cisco's growth engines, so you will be an intricate member of the team helping drive growth and profitability.
Who You Are:
You are a strong teammate, with a strong work ethic and a passion for precision. You possess strong communication and analytical skills, detail oriented, and have the ability to be highly inventive in a fast-paced environment and open to change. You are a finance professional with a real passion for understanding what drives the CX business. Candidate with a keen understanding on Cisco spend tracking and forecasting tools, a base knowledge of Cisco’s and/or Services’ business, the ability to measure return on investment. The ability to be a self-starter, work independently, and think critically is essential to the role.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting or Finance or related working experience
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis or related field
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships quickly becoming a well-respected and trusted business partner
- Advanced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, with a strong ability to deal with large volumes of data, financial modeling skills
- Experience with FinBI, Essbase preferred
- Excellent time management and planning skills with the ability to shift priorities in a highly fast-paced environment.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.