Federal Service Sales Specialist - 1330170
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Job Description: This field sales position is responsible for defining and executing mission strategy via Cisco services & solutions. The Service Sales Specialist will work collaboratively externally & internally to drive adoption of Cisco’s Services within the US Federal Government market while achieving weekly, monthly & quarterly sales goals. The individual will forecast bookings accurately on a quarterly basis, develop a pipeline of service opportunities, create capture plans, and close new deals within the Federal Sales Area. Approximately 50% of this salesperson’s time is customer facing.
v Drive incremental services growth through Cisco’s Services portfolio.
v Independently manage personal time & productivity to achieve sales goals
v Develop strong working relationships with cross organizational peers
v Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospecting activities to maximize personal customer interaction
v Create and manage a sales plan using all relevant data (existing base of Professional Services business, pending subscription renewals, new product/solution opportunity pipeline, potential upgrades and end-of-support situations) mapping data to an agreed market development strategy aligned with our growth priorities.
v Maintain existing customers and develop new customers through appropriate business propositions and ethical sales methods, optimizing quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
v Focus on solution selling to address customer success, considering the full lifecycle of customer and partner interaction to grow Cisco’s overall wallet share
v Proactively pursue net-new Services business
v Manage all aspects of the account with respect to deal transactions
v Drive the execution of customer facing activities to conclusion in a qualitative & timely manner
v Manage service pricing and margins according to agreed objectives
v Lead collaborative efforts to finalize detailed proposals and statements of work
v Facilitate sales transactions by:
§ Understanding customers’ and partners’ procurement process
§ Building relationships with customers and partners in positions within the procurement process
§ Navigating partner and customer procurement process
§ Navigating and escalating effectively within Cisco
v Plan & support local marketing activities based on agreed budget & timeline, integrating sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product/service launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and tradeshows.
v Respond to and follow up on internal & external sales inquiries in a timely manner.
v Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
v Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
v Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other functional team as necessary to perform duties and aid in business development.
v Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
1. Solution Selling: A Proactive self-starter who can quickly adapt to create solutions that solve complex customer issues. Demonstrated understanding of solution selling in large complex & technical customer environments.
2. Developing the Pipeline: Applying knowledge of sales trends, market drivers, and key customer issues and opportunities to do strategic account planning; establishing, prioritizing, executing, and monitoring a course of action to accomplish broad territory objectives and sales strategies; using knowledge to identify and cultivate future sales opportunities to build a strong pipeline.
3. Building Influential Relationships: Working collaboratively with customers, channel partners, and account team members to meet business goals and objectives; using appropriate communication methods to influence others and establish relationships.
4. Customer Focus: Supporting customers during the sales process; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer requirements while balancing business needs; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
5. Negotiation: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support proposals.
6. CXO Relevancy: Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer/partner, conveying a firm understanding of the customer’s/partners business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
7. Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and judgment that appropriately consider customer and partner business capabilities and issues, available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
8. Communicate & Position: Work collaboratively, leading efforts to create Public Sector specific sales collateral, proposal language, & use cases to effectively position the Public Sector/Federal Managed Services story.
9. Partner: Establish strong working relationships with the Public Sector partner community to increase sales scalability & overall revenue growth.
* 3+ years of selling and/or delivering services and solutions in a technology environment
* BS/BA or equivalent experience with graduate degree preferred
* US Citizenship