Federal Civilian Regional Sales Manager
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
WHY YOU'LL LOVE CISCO
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. We are evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Regional Manager at Cisco you’ll play a pivotal role in the sales process and work with a large portfolio of technology products and services. You’ll help advance the Federal Civilian sales team and make our customers lives better and easier. You are responsible for the overall Region go-to-market strategy and plan for Cisco's product and service portfolio. Outstanding leadership, coaching, mentoring, and top grading skills.
- You will plan Regional go-to-market business plan that exceed annual product, service and customer satisfaction objectives Effectively motivate sales personnel, providing development through direct feedback.
- You will develop and implement strategies to exceed sales objectives through effective use of direct and extended team resources.
- You will work successfully in a matrix management organization structure.
- You will foster and facilitate a team environment which intersects empowerment with accountability.
- You will inspire the team to see what is possible, and get them to think beyond a traditional linear mindset.
- You will help facilitate and develop customer interactions and relationships with CXO's and other Line of Business executives within and outside of I/T and be a steward of the Cisco culture.
- You have an understanding of the business climate, high-reaching environment, and share these findings and developments with management.
- You will balance strategic and operational issues, hire, develop and retain top talent and communicate the region strategy and business plan to multiple partners.
- You will have interaction with executives and business leaders within customer segment.
- You will demonstrate an ability to excel within a cross-functional team environment.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
A great team of Federal Account Managers who are changing how our customers educate, protect and govern. You'll also partner with a talented group of Systems Engineers, which share the same technology passion. One Winning Team Engagement - Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with cross-functional teams (Services, Customer Value Acceleration team, Capital, Partners, etc.) and strategically engaging cross functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers. Customer Relationships and Leading Innovation - Building strong customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on contributing to the long term success of US Federal and Cisco through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
WHO YOU ARE
The Regional Manager is involved in positioning and promoting the Customer Business & Political drivers, Partner Value proposition, and reinforcing existing relationships within Federal. You lead Account Managers in the development and expansion of opportunities in the Federal community. We need you to apply your sales leadership experience working with great sales teams and solutions using today's most innovative technologies.
- You possess the shown ability to build transformational customer relationships at all levels.
- You know how to accurately forecast sales activity, understanding trends, close ratios, and linearity.
- You exhibit strong critical thinking, innovation and leadership skills.
- Your key traits are passion, creativity, initiative, collaboration and the ability to motivate and innovate.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment and possess extraordinary leadership skills.
- Extraordinary presentation, communication and influence skills (written and verbal)
OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
- US Citizen
- Validated ability leading large accounts is required.
- Experience running budgets of $100+ Million dollars.
- 7+ years of sales management experience building and leading a diverse team environment.
- MBA or graduate degree preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.