Federal Account Manager - 1326525
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent.
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more significant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
- You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.
- You'll be part a team that authentically cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be supported and encouraged at Cisco.
What You'll Do
The vision of the Public Sector organization is to help governments protect, educate, and serve citizens at the national, state, and local level. Our organization serves six market segment verticals: Civilian, Defense, Education, Healthcare, Intel, and State/Local Government.We have an exciting Account Manager role open on our Federal Sales team!
Who You'll Work With
As a successful Account Manager, you will possess a keen ability to position "end to end" solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer executives. Your knowledge of running a territory includes forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term, mid term, long term opportunity management are a validated part of your successes evident by your over-achievement of quota.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
- You have the ability to call at multiple levels within your customer accounts leading partner relationships and account planning with an extended team.
- You are aggressive, self-starters that can build executive relationships, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, create the demand and close deals.
- You will prospect, replace incumbents and successfully lead your customer install base. Will be responsible for negotiating solutions on business issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy coupled by working on complex technical accounts taking care of CXO and other key decision makers.
- You will be required to travel up to 50% of the time.
- BS degree or equivalent
- You have 10+ years selling into Federal Civilian agencies, executive and technical level, and IT solution sales experience running a sales territory
- Extensive experience selling to CXO personnel
- You have proven an understanding of government contracts and procurement vehicles
- You possess strong communication skills coupled with superior negotiation skills at CXO level
- Data networking technical knowledge strongly preferred.
- You have a validated and successful sales background developing a business strategy and multi-year business plan,collaboration, partnership, and delivery of customer success by working
- Experience obtaining a quota of $15M or greater needed
- You have sold to government customers in Federal Civilia agencies ; specifically extensive at executive and technical level.
- Preferred work location of Herndon, VA
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.