Failure Analysis Engineer (Intern) Mexico
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development
- Perform failure analysis on customer issues (Duplication, Isolation, Root Cause)
- Understand customer environment vs product functionality.
- Participate in the FA cases review meeting with Engineering, Prod Quality and partners.
- Work closely with a multi-functional team of Product Leads, Technical Leads, and Customer Support to accelerate replicate customer reported issue.
- Articulate key technical issues to internal partners, sense issues early, identify impact and partner to drive resolution.
- “Start Up Mentality” to handle end-to-end issues relating to failure analysis technical findings, provide analysis on directions and recommendations. Ensure EMS partners deliver timely and accurate results in duplicating, isolating root cause of customer issues.
- Hands on exposure to hardware and/or software testing, new product FA test strategy, test development/deployment.
- The ideal candidate should have a track record of success, a solid work ethic, ability and desire to lead engineers and a can-do attitude.
- Desired Skills:
- Awareness of Cisco technologies and products.
- General knowledge in C, C++, Python, Perl, TCL, Shell scripting and Java
- Willing to work with large data sets, analytical tools and ability to present key findings.
- Some experience or general frame in unit test methodologies and agile working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work & collaborate effectively with remote teams globally.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.