FPGA Design Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Who You'll Work With
You will join a team of deeply talented engineers who design and develop best-in-class routing and optical products using industry leading edge tools.
What You'll Do
- Design and implementation of FPGAs.
- Participate in the architecture definition, implementation and verification phases.
- Detailed design specification and test plan development.
- Develop and implement block level RTL, perform synthesis and achieve timing closure.
- Work with cross-functional teams (hardware, software, diagnostics and signal integrity groups).
- Assist in complex subsystem level lab bring-up, integration, and unit test validation.
- Contribution to the design process adoption with in the team.
Who You Are
- Networking background
- Experienced in crafting with Xilinx, Altera and Microsemi FPGAs
- Proficiency in HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL and System Verilog)
- Hands on experience with Ethernet based protocols, PCIe, AXI, memory controllers, OTN, I2C, SPI, UART etc..
- Familiarity with simulation flow like UVM and VMM will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on the signal integrity and system bring-up is a plus
- Basic knowledge on Unix system and script tool is a plus
- Good English written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivation, partnership and strong interpersonal skills are needed.
Typically requires 4-8 years of experience in FPGA designs with MTech/BTech in EE/EC domain.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.