Expression of Interest - AppDynamics Senior Sales Engineer, Sydney
Location:North Sydney, Australia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Expression of Interest - AppDynamics Senior Sales Engineer, Sydney
Cisco AppDynamics is the Full Stack Observability company. We enable customers with real-time insights into applications, servers, networks, security, business KPIs, user experiences, and more. This helps our customers rationalize and improve their complex and often geographically disparate architectures, accelerating their digital transformation from a reactive to a proactive culture. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
Cisco was voted #1 best company to work for by Fortune 100 best places to work!
We are FSO. We are Cisco. The Bridge to Possible.
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer at Cisco AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing world class full customer lifecycle sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management and AppDynamics. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize AppDynamics' industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating AppDynamics' ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer's production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers' success.
You will work on a range of accounts from top 10 listed ASX Enterprises to exciting small-medium business.
To be a successful Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you don’t need to have experience as a sales engineer. Anyone with a desire to be in customer-facing role and can demonstrates a passion and a curiosity for solving technology and business problems can be successful. You are ambitious, self-motivated, and ideally have experience with performance management technologies and techniques and cloud native architecture.
Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- 1+ years experience working with IaaS and PaaS offerings in one or more of the following cloud service providers: Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today's application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities concurrently.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift.
- Conceptual knowledge of OpenTelemetry and, more broadly, Observability.
- , ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
- Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
Why Join Us?
Other than working with amazing and innovative technology fueled with a curious culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities, we provide amazing employee benefits as well, like:
- Competitive compensation for work, along with participation in the Cisco Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- A generous time off policy with an extra day as our birthday gift. We also offer up to 4 weeks of emergency situation time off.
- Supporting volunteer activities by offering additional paid time off (up to 5 days a year) and match donations.
- Providing opportunities to broaden horizons by attending popular conferences, team outing events, subscriptions to popular training platforms and an exceptional catalogue of internal self-paced learning.
- Emphasis on an importance in family and a work/life balance; therefore, our leaders believe in flexible work from home, baby gifts, maternity & paternity support, employee and family assistance, along with expert medical resources.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.)
- We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.