Executive Recruiter, Executive Talent Acquisition
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
VP+ Executive Recruiters play an essential role in fuelling Cisco's growth with extraordinary talent and are expected to be seasoned recruiting professionals with the capability of both filling needs for talent as well as acting as talent consultants to shape our future leadership capability.
In this role, you will work directly with Cisco's senior leaders, functional HR, Regional and COE Business Partners on Cisco's most senior leadership requisitions and talent projects.
You will implement talent strategies to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
You will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and closing candidates. At times, a search or project may necessitate that we retain an external Executive Search Firm.
You will manage Cisco's Preferred Executive Search Partner(s) through the entire recruitment and hiring process. You will ensure hiring manager and team preparedness during the interview process and that interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally.
You will interface to negotiate and exchange information with all levels of management. This position necessitates an uncommon balance of creativity and drive, along with interpersonal savvy and advanced analytics.
You have a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, dynamic work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage efficiently. Each VP+ Search Recruiter is responsible for the global management and understanding of his/her function and its VP+ Search needs (APJ/India, Europe/Emerging and US).
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Create and implement VP+ Search strategies to provide a robust, qualified and diverse candidate pool.
* Build relationships with the top senior leadership talent in the marketplace.
* Source passive candidates through networking, direct sourcing, and occasionally working with external executive search firms.
* Evaluate skill level, conduct efficient and professional interview process, and drive offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and closing of candidates.
* Communicate effectively with the hiring manager and interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Share and exchange information with all levels of management.
* Provide an extraordinary candidate experience and act as a candidate advocate.
* Propose and implement ongoing improvements to Cisco's VP+ Search recruitment effort.
* Develop leading-edge methods to attract diverse talent, and oversee and drive senior management/executive recruitment.
* Deliver on VP+ Search plan and commitments on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
* Lead kick-off meetings with the hiring manager/team and develop a comprehensive and executable search strategy
* Gather relevant information regarding the appropriate industries and target companies, including identification of prospects and sources, coordinating with the Mgr, VP+ Research and/or contract researchers.
* Establish and manage a schedule of regular updates with the hiring manager and generate progress reports.
* Supply additional information gained in the course of a search such as related industry trends, compensation data, etc.
* Utilize external information from print directories, the Internet, and other electronic resources for industry, company and people intelligence, with the assistance of the Mgr, VP+ Research.
* Contribute to the Cisco's VP+ Search knowledge management activities and add to our database of knowledge.
* Utilize our proprietary database as a research tool for sourcing and prospecting. Update and enter new information into during the course of the search (i.e. maintaining career and personal data on sources, prospects, and candidates).
Who you’ll work with
Cisco's Global Talent Acquisition Organization is constantly evolving to drive innovation, efficiency and attract best-in-class talent. This is an outstanding opportunity to play a major role in the new VP+ Search organization. Cisco's VP+ Search team is responsible for developing global strategies to hire exceptionally talented senior leaders. This includes providing Hiring Managers and candidates with high-touch and compelling experiences during the recruitment and hiring process. We're focused on building a scalable operation while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with key leaders across the company to develop creative and innovative solutions that support and sustain Cisco's growth.
Who you are
* BA/BS degree with 8-10 years of recruiting experience.
* Minimum of 5 years VP+ search experience (inclusive of global search execution/responsibility). Hybrid of executive search firm and in-house corporate experience is ideal.
* Search experience must include full-life cycle recruitment (end-to-end), including ownership of offer creation, negotiation and closing.
* Significant technology experience and understanding of technology is required.
* Experience managing engagements with retained search firms is highly desirable.
* Confirmed capability to work effectively in a team-based organization, collaborate cross-functionally and globally, exercise influence at very senior levels, and build alignment. Proven ability to lead, execute and successfully close search assignments.
* Ability to understand, articulate and sell Cisco culture and business initiatives.
* Effective strategic thinking, executive search skills, problem solving, cross group collaboration skills are necessary.
* Ability to deliver results with little supervision, and to effectively manage multiple searches/projects and candidates.
* Deep understanding of talent acquisition and its relationship to talent management internally.
* Strong organization skills. Detail-oriented. Excellent time management skills.
* Exceptional ability in verbal and written communication.
* Excellent presentation and telephone skills; ability to extract information from sources and attract potential candidates to searches.
* Able to create instant credibility.
* Persuasive and communicative style tempered with empathy, fairness and objectivity.
* Uses sound judgment; superior ability to thoroughly assess candidates' qualifications against position specification.
* Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently towards a successful conclusion. Has a sense of urgency, commitment and responsibility in addressing all search assignment timelines; takes initiative to stay ahead of the search process in order to assure optimal results for the Hiring Manager.
* Analytical, methodical, and a proven problem-solving mentality.
* Flexible, able to deal with diverse personalities and assignments.
* Resilience to absorb rejection and volatility. Tenaciousness and endurance; ability to self-motivate and maintain motivation.
* “Glass Half Full” perspective.
* Ability to “think on one's feet.”
* Capacity and willingness to always think globally.
* Capacity for pressure and a demanding search load.
* Intelligent, mature, self-confident and assertive.
* Track record of innovation and creativity.
Your critical competencies for success
* Demonstrates the ability to pinpoint knowledge gaps through identifying pertinent and untapped resources, and isolate relevant information to locate trends and solve problems.
* Leverages business acumen, experience, creativity and intuition by recognizing companies with similar strategic challenges as the Hiring Manager's organization and formulating a research strategy based on business issues rather than a hit or miss approach.
* Exhibits intellectual curiosity by asking probing questions, investigating and seeking out facts before arriving at conclusions.
* Manages the details of multiple priorities, assignments and competing deadlines while staying focused on the "bigger picture" by developing control processes and procedures that identify early on when a project is deviating from strategic objectives.
* Shifts quickly from one task/situation to another and deals promptly with issues while maintaining quality in execution through adapting his/her style and activities to the Hiring Manager's needs and the work style of the Hiring Manager.
* Organizes and prioritizes projects. When confronted with work overload or role ambiguity is able to retain personal effectiveness and rationality in working with others by identifying when deadlines are threatened at an early stage of the project and developing alternative plans consistent with the key objectives that address the situational constraints.
* Effectively and creatively leverages and utilizes limited resources to execute the search by prioritizing needs and communicating with his/her project team.
* Understands and manages variable expectations when working with different individuals across the Company by adapting his/her style to meet the needs of the Hiring Manager and the situation.
* Able to gain support from a range of individuals over whom they have no direct control. Shows flexibility by adapting on issues that do not impact the quality of the search, but also demonstrates a willingness to stand firm on issues that impact quality.
* Projects him/herself through actions, manners and posture to create and deliver a favorable impression of personal credibility and professionalism as illustrated by the ability to change/modify/influence the views of more senior colleagues.
* Demonstrates the ability to articulate views clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form under tight timelines and with limited information.
* Actively and effectively listens, illustrated by taking actions that avoid potential problems that may have been overlooked or not heard. Gives appropriate feedback to confirm understanding.
* Demonstrates persistence and resiliency to drive a project forward, even after numerous setbacks and obstacles that inevitably occur during the course of an assignment.
* Aggressively works through situations impacted by events beyond his/her control as illustrated by identifying issues, developing an action plan and executing on that plan.
A competitive cash compensation package for the marketplace is offered. Benefits include employee purchase programs; premium paid health, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; tuition reimburse
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.