Executive Compensation Consultant
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)open to other US locations
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
You will participate in the research, design, and implementation of Executive Compensation programs, policies, and procedures ensuring all elements of the program are appropriately balanced and competitive relative to the needs of the company and industry practices. Effectively communicate and consult with key partners and leaders in support of Cisco’s executive compensation strategy.
Who You’ll Work With
In this role, you will work with a diverse set of functions and individuals across the company that are working towards common and critical business objectives. We are a team of highly driven professionals who strive for excellence and continuous improvement. You will work with our key partners in Total Rewards, Corporate Compensation, Finance, Legal, Employee Services, and People & Communities, and senior executives advising on Executive Compensation programs, practices, and policies.
Who You Are
You are someone who takes pride in your work and the team’s results, very detailed and thorough, loves to partner with peers and key partners, strives for excellence, and wants to grow your technical capabilities and knowledge. Your skills are highly regarded, partners seek your opinion and expertise, and others look forward to working with you to solve business problems and drive success. You work in a way that helps others be their best with outstanding results.
- Lead and support multiple executive compensation projects, including the strategic assessment of program effectiveness and modeling of potential program changes, developing and managing policies and processes, and complying with regulatory changes.
- Provide consulting and counsel in support of or in partnership with the business-aligned compensation leaders regarding executive compensation-related issues, including executive benchmarking, leveling, pay recommendations, and executive transactions, including promotions and external offers.
- Provide consulting services directly or indirectly to senior business leaders and People & Communities leaders as needed.
- Proactively recommend enhancements or changes to current executive compensation programs, policies, and processes for both immediate and long-term objectives, ensuring our programs and practices remain innovative, leading-edge, efficient, and effective.
- Guide the decision-making process and outcomes by providing detailed analysis/models, innovative recommendations, and expert knowledge.
- Maintain awareness of the latest trends and regulations regarding executive compensation.
- As a senior member of the Executive Compensation team, deliver on key organizational and business initiatives directly and by leading cross-functional dynamic teams.
Our minimum requirements for the role are
10+ years progressive broad-based and executive compensation, People & Communities (HR), or employment law experience.
Experience consulting and influencing effectively with internal customers, including business partners and executives.
Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills, and exquisite attention to detail and accuracy.
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; heavily skilled at mathematical modeling and what-if capability, specifically related to executive compensation design alternatives.
Proficient at using Excel and other tools to develop recommendations.
Strong project management, organizational, and technical skills.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, and a proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart! Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool. Pop culture geek - Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.