Executive Compensation Consultant
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose, CA
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do:
We need someone who can help us excel as an organization and provide superior services to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, Cisco’s leaders, and other People and Community teams to get and keep the best senior executives in the high-tech industry. You will use your exceptional project management, collaboration, modeling / analytical / reporting skills, and ability to consult and influence others to:
- Create detailed cross-functional project plans and project performance metrics used in the management of key Cisco Compensation Committee outcomes in support of Cisco’s:
- Compensation Committee meetings including agenda creation, material creation & publishing, and senior executive and committee review meetings,
- Compensation Discussion and Analysis report which is created by a cross-functional team and published annually to shareholders,
- Perquisite determination and named executive officer compensation sensitivity analysis, and
- Annual Compensation Committee meeting schedule, calendars and agendas.
- Create and leverage sophisticated stock models in Excel or other applications to:
- Forecast Cisco’s annual stock allocations and expenses,
- Assess the financial impact of emerging stock vesting schedules on Cisco’s current and future stock expense, and
- Model stock participation rates / guidelines / schedules used to create Cisco’s annual stock allocation strategy.
- Conduct special analyses to assess the competitiveness of executives’ compensation and provide recommendations on possible actions to reward and retain critical leaders
- Consult with Executive Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, and Total Rewards functional leaders to create internal executive promotion recommendations to reward and recruit key leaders
- Assist the Executive Market Assessment Practice Owner in the annual executive market assessment by reviewing the proposed mapping of executive positions to benchmark positions, compiling market data for mapped positions, and modeling Cisco’s market competitiveness.
- Partner with peers ensuring accuracy in communications, modeling and products by auditing sensitive emails, letters, and Excel models ensuring accuracy.
- Build sophisticated models and reporting solutions using Excel and other technology for use by peers.
Who You’ll Work With:
When you work with us, you’ll be working with a team of highly driven professionals who strive for excellence, and work with our key partners in Finance, Legal, Employee Services, People and Communities, and Professional Compensation. As an advisor, you will influence others and help create competitive executive offers enabling Cisco’s success.
Who You are:
You are someone who takes pride in your work and the team’s results, very detailed and thorough, loves to partner with peers and key partners, strives for excellence, and wants to grow your technical capabilities and knowledge. Your skills are highly regarded, and others look forward to working with you to solve business problems and drive success. You work in a way that helps others be their best with outstanding results.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 5-7 years progressive broad-based / executive compensation and HR experience.
- Detailed knowledge of base, incentive and stock programs and designs.
- Excellent communications, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills.
- Experience working effectively with internal clients including key business partners and management.
- Demonstrated expertise creating and utilizing Excel compensation or finance models, management-planning tools, presentations, etc.
- Excellent project management, organizational and technical skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in ensuring data and modeling accuracy.
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Additional formal education (MBA, MS) and Compensation Certification (CCP) is preferred.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair! Don’t care. Tattoos! Show off your ink. Like polka dots! That’s cool.