Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestAdministrative and Business Support
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an Executive Administrative Professional to provide support for a Vice President leading the Security Engineering Group, a multi-billion-dollar annual revenue, multi-thousand-person, high transparency organization. Responsibilities include:
- Calendar Management: Manages VP's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal's calendar, what meetings are attended, and who can attend instead. Additionally, responsibilities include ensuring all coordinating elements (rooms, AV, catering, transportation, etc.) are attended to.
- Meeting Planning and organizations: Assist VP in planning and organizing meetings by taking ownership for crafting the agenda, location, catering, meeting technology / AV needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item list.
- Event Speaking Engagement Coordination: Handles a running list of VPs engagements and works closely with communications team to ensure content needs are understood and set-in motion so VP is prepared for each engagement.
- Travel Briefing Preparation: Craft travel packs for international trips as well as large domestic events including Cisco Live, etc. This work includes combining all event information and coordinating logistics of travel and also customer/team asks.
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition. Takes initiative to resolve issues within specified policies and guidelines and provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem-solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
- Travel: Responsible for making travel itineraries for VP. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel itineraries and itinerary for calendared meetings while handling Cisco expenses. Works diligently to focus and commit, working with the airlines direct to accommodate Global Services benefits for upgrades whenever they are available.
- Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Research issues, analyze problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
- Large Corporate Events: Prepare and brief itinerary as well as accompany VP for events such as GSX, where EA's are leveraged for executive support.
- Confidentiality: You will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
In addition to general administrative duties of an Executive Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. Specifically, the critical behaviors of this role include:
- Self-motivated and proactive around needs of the VP and the Organization
- Ability to work with limited direction and have a take-charge attitude
- Partnering with key stakeholders; Operations, Finance, HR, Communications
- Using tact, diplomacy, and a practical knowledge of company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Elevated responsiveness to all levels of inquiry.
- Challenge ‘the way we've always done it' and provide a deeper more innovative way of doing things.
- Keep the big picture in mind when making independent decisions that affect the VP's calendar.
- Ability to exercise critical and independent judgment when it comes to the VP's calendar and time.
- To be organized and efficient with their own time.
- Ability to think creatively and calmly when it comes to quick and unplanned changes in schedule.
- To earn and invest in administrative community relationships and have the ability to work with and through others as needed.
Who You'll Work With?
The Security Business Group is one of Cisco's fastest-growing businesses. You will partner with the VP of Security Engineering and their leadership team to drive the security strategy, engineering excellence, and converged (network, endpoint, and cloud) security go-to-market models. We are a group of technologists that feel passionate about delivering simple, open and automated security products that will transform the security market. We love what we do, and we move fast, so finding joy in a fast-paced and energizing environment is a requirement. You will discover an innovative, award-winning working environment making use of the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities.
Who You Are?
You have high-energy with a passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, utmost professionalism and ability to balance both strategic and tactical actions.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- EA or equivalent experience; 8+ years' experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years working at the Executive level.
- BA/BS preferred
- Past work experience in the high-tech industry.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ideally Mac and Mac MS Office experience as well.
- Expert in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Ability to navigate web and email at high competency knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
- Generally, receives no instruction on routine tasks and very little instruction on new projects.
- Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Detail oriented.
- Excellent desktop calendar management program experience.
- Daily presence in the San Jose Cisco office.
- Desire to learn and take on new challenges.
- Desire enjoy work and seek happiness in delivering successful outcomes.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks and pop culture aficionados. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!