Executive Assistant- VP Level
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRaleigh, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestAdministrative and Business Support
What You'll Do
In this role, you will provide support to a VP for calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed. You will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will become a core member of the VP’s team.
- Calendar Management: Manages all calendars by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal's calendar, what meetings are attended, and who can attend as delegate.
- Meeting Planning and Organizations: Assists in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology based upon participant needs and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item lists.
- Travel: Responsible for making global travel arrangements for the principals. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses in a timely matter.
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition.
- Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines and provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
- In addition to the general administrative duties of an Executive Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. This includes researching issues, analyzing problems, determining approaches, compiling data and preparing reports. Due to the frequent engagement of the VP and Sr. Directors across Cisco, this individual will interface with and coordinate activities with other EAs and executives across Cisco.
Who You Are
You have experience providing support at the VP level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease and thrive in a busy environment.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 6+ years’ experience in administrative environment.
- Outstanding track record of performance.
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information is a must.
- Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Very detail-oriented. Proactive by nature.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.