Executive Assistant, SVP/GM, Collaboration
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestAdministrative and Business Support
Compensation Range101800 USD - 142500 USD
The future of work is hybrid! Cisco Collaboration is powering hybrid work and focused on building Webex experiences that are 10x better than in person interactions. As Cisconians, our work contributes to the company mission to Power an Inclusive Future for All.
We are looking to add an Executive Assistant to support the SVP/GM leading the Collaboration business.
What you will do:
The executive assistant’s main job is to make sure every day has a good flow. In this role, every day will be different, and you will get to use all your problem-solving skills.
In this role, you will provide support for calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed. To perform these tasks effectively, you will become familiar with the products, people, and organizational dynamics within Cisco. You will understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources, and other needs. You will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Calendar management: Manages SVP's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings.
- Meeting planning and organization: Assists SVP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item list.
- Travel Briefing Preparation: Build travel packs for international trips as well as large domestic events such as Cisco Live, etc. This work includes combining all event information in addition to coordinated logistics of travel and customer/team asks.
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supports SVP by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure accurate disposition.
- Lead and Mentor: Create an inclusive and supportive environment for the Collaboration administrative community. Assist with distributing information, policy changes, executive requests. Participates in a cross-functional EA network and will lead the organization’s community of Admins.
- Problem Solving: Takes initiative to resolve issues within specified policies and guidelines. Provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
- Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for SVP. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses. Works diligently to focus and commit, working with the airlines direct to accommodate Global Services benefits for upgrades whenever they are available.
- Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Research issues, analyze problems, compile data, and prepare reports.
- Large Corporate Events: Prepare and brief itinerary as well as accompany SVP for large Corporate Events such as Impact, Cisco Live, or Partner events, where EAs are used for executive support.
- Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
Who you are:
You are extremely proactive with a professional and approachable demeanor in all interactions; possess excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, executives, customers, vendors; and sound judgment. You have experience providing support at the VP or SVP level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease, and thrive in a busy environment.
You have high-energy with a passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, utmost professionalism, and ability to balance both strategic and tactical actions.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 8+ years’ experience in administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a principal who was at the VP level.
- Preferred: BA/BS or equivalent experience; past work experience in the high-tech industry.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Outstanding track record of performance.
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Self-motivated and proactive around needs of the SVP and the Organization.
- Able to work with limited direction and have a take-charge attitude.
- Operate successfully with limited direction and ambiguity.
- Use tact, diplomacy and a practical knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsive to all levels of inquiry.
- Keep the big picture in mind when making independent decisions that affect the EVP’s calendar.
- Can exercise critical and independent judgment when it comes to the SVP’s calendar and time.
- Be organized and efficient with their own time.
- Able to think creatively and calmly when it comes to quick and unplanned changes in schedule.
- Can earn administrative community respect and work with and through others as needed.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.