Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
We are seeking a Customer Escalations Leader who is driven to grow and evolve our EMEA Escalations team into the next generation of high-touch technical support for Cisco Meraki’s most valuable customers. As a Manager of these teams, you will supervise critical issues, support the team’s day-to-day activities strategically, invest in the technical and professional growth of your team, and provide region-specific mentorship and oversight to ensure that our processes are agile and efficient.
An average working week will include facilitating staff meetings, holding individualised 1:1s with team members, checking in on critical cases and bug reports, delegating and prioritising project work, and supervising the professional development of the team. The role empowers you to work across departments and mobilize resources when vital.
Although this position is remote, expect occasional travel of up to 10% to meet your team and internal/external customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead highly proficient, independent and top-tiered Engineers who act as our last line of support responsible for resolving the most critical incidents
- Coach your team with radically honest feedback on day-to-day work and assigned projects as well as assign, preview, and conduct post mortems on critical issues
- Preside over difficult situations with a controlled, scientific approach to problem-solving while leading regular one-on-one check-in meetings with each team member
- Set the bar on maintaining a high operational rigour on the key business metrics around escalations workflow like workloads, capacity, trends and headcount planning
- Strategically plan, implement, and measure improvements to the existing support processes
- Advocate well qualified concerns from the Support teams with the larger organization
- Actively seek, identify, hire and onboard talent into the team from the wider Support organization and external sources
At Meraki, we encourage and value professional development. Due to this we allow and plan for you to use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself. Examples of professional development in this role are:
- Acquiring professional certifications
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of computer networking
Who You Are
- Experienced leader with a minimum of 3+ years of directly leading a team of 6+ senior technical professionals
- Strong exposure in post sales support or customer success organizations in a networking or infrastructure domain/industry
- Strong business judgement and problem-solving skills with experience in managing, triaging and resolving critical network issues with senior customer stakeholders
- Proficient in coaching and developing senior support engineers and growing them in their careers
- A consistent track record in leading and facilitating work with cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering and Sales
- Deliver and drive strategic initiatives/projects in alignment with the organisational objectives
- Attract, hire and retain the best in class diverse talent
We are Cisco Meraki
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters—like teaching kids, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work.
Disclaimer: We are open to sponsorship for candidates that match the job criteria in the above job description.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.