Escalations Engineer (Switching Specialization) - Kraków/Remote(Poland)
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Why you'll love Cisco Meraki
We change the World by simplifying complex technology, we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll be part of an organization that cares about its employees and customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What does the team do
Our team provides the highest level of technical support for all Cisco Meraki products to our customers, partners, account teams and other support engineers. As a member of this coveted team, you are empowered to work across departments including Support, Sales, Products & Engineering and mobilize resources when necessary.
- You will join a team of highly skilled technical engineers who are passionate to grow into the "Support of last resort" for systemic technical issues experienced by our highest-value customers that cannot be resolved through the normal Support process.
- Your average workweek might consist of working on assigned critical issues, driving them to resolution, monitoring/responding to Escalation calls/threads, and coding/automating test plans associated with critical issues.
What will you do
You dedicate 70% of your time to operational responsibilities
- Review and analyze escalation requests to facilitate and triage resolution paths.
- Responsible for identifying/resolving technical issues across Meraki’s full-stack solution.
- Includes Wireless, Routing, Switching, Application domain.
- Perform on-site engagement for top severity issues where required.
- Navigate diligently through demanding technical/business situations and drive varied functional teams towards a technical solution. Maintain an empathetic and determined approach to all raised issues.
- Build a systemic approach to remediate recurring problems (scripting, data analysis)
- Maintain a professional profile, both technically and politically, within incident management
You dedicate 20% of your time to professional development
- You focus on achieving technical certifications, developing programming/ scripting skills
- You attend and represent Meraki at industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- You stay updated on networking standard methodologies and competitor solutions
- Explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of technology
You dedicate 10% of your time to contribute to expert-level documentation
- You use the knowledge gained from day-to-day work to provide in-depth documentation to build the internal knowledge base.
- You articulate interesting issues/projects to Support and other Meraki Business Units.
- You have proven problem-solving skills in one of the following technology domains like R&S, Wireless OR Network Security.
- You have validated ownership of handling critical technical incidents from start to finish (including verbal and written communication efforts). You have played a key role in leading and coordinating efforts towards resolution.
- You are an engineer in technical support, managed services and/or professional services roles.
- You have recorded documentation efforts or public-facing technical write-ups as references.
- You can use Wireshark’s statistical tools to analyze and diagnose network problems.
- (Optional) You have experience in completing a programming or automation project.
- (Optional) Existing Meraki technical knowledge is desired but not required.
Why Cisco Meraki
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple-haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.