Escalation Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Additional Location(s)Chicago, IL
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Why you'll love Cisco Meraki
We change the World, we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What you'll do
- You will be a part of a Technical Service team of extraordinary technical engineers who are excited to grow into the "Support of last resort" for systemic technical issues experienced by our highest-value customers that cannot be resolved through the normal Support process.
- You're average work week might consist of working on assigned critical issues, monitoring/responding to Escalation calls/threads, and coding/automating test plans associated with escalations.
- You might also have 20% travel
Who you'll work with
Cisco Meraki's Escalation team provides the highest level of technical support for all Cisco Meraki products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other support engineers. As a part of this team, you are empowered to work across departments and mobilise resources when necessary.
Who you are
You dedicate 70% of your time to operational responsibilities
- You build, execute and analyze technical test plans to obtain data needed to validate mission-critical networks
- You model RF, network, and application performance using industry-standard tools.
- You learn swiftly to navigate difficult political conversations, and strategically take charge of complex situations
- You read, weigh in, and potentially scope defects
You dedicate 20% of your time to professional development
- You focus on certifications and learn programming languages
- You attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- You know the latest on networking standard methodologies and competitor solutions
- Explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of computer networking
You dedicate 10% of your time to expert-level documentation
- You use knowledge gained from operational work to provide in-depth documentation
- You present interesting escalations/projects to Support and other Meraki business units to share insights
- You have an active enrolment or completed CWNA certification
- You have experience completing a programming/automation project
- You have exposure handling critical issues
- You have recorded documentation efforts
- You have validated troubleshooting skills with wireless, R&S, Network security protocols (such as ASA, Firewall, VPN) or closed-circuit video large scale deployments
Why Cisco Meraki
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.