Enterprise Systems Architect
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Business Technology (Systems) Group is a newly formed engineering organization that focuses on building internal business systems to make Merakians more efficient. We are looking for an enterprise systems architect to help us build our technology landscape.
As an enterprise systems architect at Meraki, you will provide technical system architectural leadership, perform architecture analysis, understand overall business and system landscape, perform business and system planning, and provide system evolution. You will work with business unit leaders, program managers, and engineers and be able to influence at all levels across organizations in a matrix managed organization. This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys developing strategic process thinking while being “hands on” to resolve tactical issues.
What you'll do:
- Define the overall enterprise architecture for a portfolio of businesses that will enable execution of new business models and automation of existing ones.
- Assist in building the capability to deliver on the strategy. This will include technology evaluation and recommendation, design principles, proof of concepts (POCs), data and analytics and services capabilities.
- Be a custodian of all the business technology assets across the enterprise, and ensure that the creation and consumption of business technology across the enterprise is optimized to fulfill business objectives.
- Define architecture and standards for technology selection process and lead in the technology selection process. This includes governing compliance and handling exceptions of architecture, technology standards and patterns.
- Help to define system and technical architecture governance with business stakeholders on identifying initiatives, evaluating technology and promoting better use of solutions throughout the organization using technology.
- Define the reference architectures, develop roadmaps and oversee the implementation in line with the business strategy and information needs.
- Collaborate with data governance and data architecture groups to design and implement a holistic data strategy.
Who you are:
- Prior experience in leading a technical architectural strategy for a mid-size company.
- Deep mastery of cloud, data and service-oriented architectures and a proven deep understanding of a wide range of systems architectures including solution frameworks and technologies from diverse vendors (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Webmethods, Snowflake, LMS vendors, etc.).
- Experience with diverse business unit solution architectures and deep understanding of integration strategy.
- Able to do hands on proof of concepts (POC) for existing and new technologies (e.g. salesforce, blockchain, machine learning, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to explain technical issues at a high level in collaborating with non-IT staff or executive leadership.
- You have 5+ years in an enterprise technical architect role with 5+ years of experience developing systems for large-scale production environments with at least 2 years salesforce development experience.
- Constantly look at industry trends in technology and bring ideas to peers and business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Advanced technical degree
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.