Enterprise Networking Consulting Engineer
Location:Oeiras, Lisboa, Portugal
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
You'll be required to perform the duties as a Network Consulting Engineer which include, but not limited to, the below:
- Provide planning, designing and implementation services to Cisco’s Advanced Services Customers.
- Participate in or leads complex network migrations projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco.
- Deliver migration plans, with a detailed understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies.
- Work long with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
- Mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery.
- Work closely with the sales and regional teams to participate and drive the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Identify & influence additional business opportunities in collaboration with sales team by demonstrating knowledge of customer’s network, challenges and future plans.
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer and guide them to the next steps.
Who You'll Work With
Advance Delivery Centers (ADC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
The CITT – Network Migrations team in Dalian ADC focuses on Routing & Switching solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and migrate networks. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s newest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution
Who You Are
- Strong knowledge and expertise of at least two of the following Cisco products and technologies is a must: Cisco CRS Routers, Cisco ASR routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000; LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs, IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution designing of Cisco routers and switch is must.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
Our desired skills include:
- BS/BE/B. Tech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry;
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills in English;
- Certifications – CCIP, CCNA, CCNP (Preferred), CCIE (Plus);
- Passionate, persuasive, trustworthy thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- An ambitious individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trendsetters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution.
- Prior experience in conducting customer workshops - high level and low level network design experience would be preferred.
- Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl (this is a plus);
- Good level of spoken and written French, Spanish and/or Italian (plus).
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.