Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager is a meaningful role in assuring Cisco’s Customer Experience business offers are accurately aligned with customer needs, fulfill their requirements, and favorably impact Cisco’s financial performance.
The BDM engages and owns the development of basic to more sophisticated deals which require customized elements of the Services Portfolio to build effective solutions.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales Agents (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS; Unified Sellers) and Cisco Services specialists (Engineers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Commercial Finance, Legal, Revenue Assurance, Global Procurement Organization etc. ) to develop business deals which are crafted for customer success (ensuring value realization), are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco.
The BDM activities include building the right services solution & building technical proposal, analyzing/ constructing sophisticated Sales proposals and creating support documents and collateral needed to effectively close business deals.
The successful BDM establishes extensive working knowledge and capability in crafting business offers which both satisfy customer expectations and requirements while proving Cisco with financially attractive deals.
This position reports directly to the Theatre Leader of CX Business Development Team.
At the professional level, the BDM is expected to work independently or at the direction of a senior BDM. The BDM develops and executes deliverables in collaboration with Sales, Services team leaders/ members within the Theatre Services organization and with support for other Cisco services resource teams and external partner organizations.
- Primary responsibility is to drive deals of moderate to high complexity which can potentially include the entire portfolio of Cisco services, including Professional Services (PS), Support Services (SS), Cloud & Managed Services (CMS) and other Cisco services offerings. However the primary responsibility will be Professional Services portfolio.
- Actions directly impact the timely booking of attractive business deals, aligned with sales plan.
- Responsible for the development and support of Operations & Enterprise Networking / Data Centre Networking sales offers of Cisco which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco’s booking, revenue and margin performance.
- The BDM works with customers, partners and sales to define the technical success of the engagement, collecting requirements for project based solution rollouts and translate these requirements into a Statement of Work (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables.
- The BDM also works with and direct virtual BDM teams with regard to internal processes, Statement of Work (SOW) drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning.
- Applies extensive knowledge of Cisco horizontal, or cross-architectural, solutions to develop effective and driven offers that result in booked business.
- Demonstrates multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco’s financial performance.
- Creates delivery cohesion by integrating selected service offer elements from Cisco’s multiple services organizations.
- Drive knowledge management regarding best practices (knowledge on how to sell and approach sophisticated solutions) on given topics for internal and external use.
- Ensure continuous upgrade of subject matter expertise and actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solution Team(s).
- Continually gather service requirements and submit findings to Cisco Services Marketing and LOBs to drive product and service portfolio development
- Provides guidance as a Cisco Services SME to less senior BDMs in the development of new business offers and deal support.
- Develops and manages relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise
Provides frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements.
Articulates the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services’ skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities.
Services brand ambassador who proactively engages with customer, understands their business plans, technology adoption plan, operational priorities and highlights how to make the adoption successful by bringing in the right service offerings at an opportune moment thereby building a brand of the trusted advisor
Strong technologist who can map the business needs to technology architecture and can peer with the customer CTO, Engineering & operations team leaders
Validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assists in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations.
Supervision given and received
Provides direction to and coordinates efforts of services support resources in creating effective elements of the deal negotiation package and required business documentation.
Provides direction and guidance to more junior BDMs in deal development and support projects or programs.
Leads deal development and support projects/ programs as assigned by the BD Team leader or Senior BDM
Who You Are :
- BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related field. MBA is a plus.
- 12 - 15 years in Technical Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience enterprise customers.
- Specialist in consultative/solution selling and professional services with industry certifications (CCIE or equivalent, ITIL, TOGAF etc). This is required
- Proven work experience in
- Solutioning large & sophisticated, multi-architecture deals by virtue of deep technology expertise in networking & network security (Campus, Access, Data Centre)
- Creating Statement of work and optimized effort estimations demonstrating internal and partner delivery capabilities, use of automation processes
- Creating Operations Transformation solutions through consultative engagement (using industry practices like ITIL) leading to sales of high value subscription services.
- Experience in building the right critical metric for Operations Transformation
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix organizational environment.
- High-energy, self-starter with progressive track record (references of sophisticated, multi-architecture deals, recognition by sales on being a performer, proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets). High sense of ownership & be problem solver on assignment given – willing to go extra mile when needed to make things done.
- High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
- Strong analytical capability, able to convince key stakeholders regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things on customer business understanding.
- Good experience in Strategic Business Planning, Sales Operations, Finance, Deals Evaluations, project management, and process management areas.
- Ability to employ negotiation skills both internally and externally with customers and partners to obtain agreement regarding service solution scopes and pricing
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the application of the Cisco Services Portfolio in creating effective customer offers in to complex deal constructs.
- SME on evaluating and applying Cisco Services Capabilities (direct and/or through Partners) to fully align to customer opportunities and expectations.
- Ability to define, price, and rationalize outcomes-based solutions.
- Possess extensive skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, conflict resolution, effective presentation, and active listening.
- Experienced in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities are demonstrated in solution development, deployment, and management.
- Sophisticated knowledge of the various tools and deal creation/booking processes.
- Financial Acuity – Experienced / trained in finance practices associated to selling, P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!