Ensoft Graduate Software Engineering – UK - Immediate Start!
Location:Harpenden, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Ensoft Software Engineer - United Kingdom - Immediate Start!
What You’ll Do:
You will be working as a software developer, on a team responsible for delivering cutting edge software technology that helps to run the Internet, delivered to an outstanding quality. From the very start of your career you will be faced with the challenge of developing the very latest networking software – everything from the initial ideas and design through to code, test, delivery and support – and we train and support you to do so to exceptional standards.
You’ll be working in our office in Harpenden, close to the station and with a very fast connection into London. Harpenden is an attractive town, which thanks to its excellent commute has a thriving centre with shops, bars and restaurants. Close by is the city of St Albans, bringing a wider social scene (theatres, clubs, a wider selection of bars) and all the facilities offered by a modern city. By road, both the M1 and M25 are easily accessible by car. Harpenden is conveniently located just over an hour's drive from both Oxford and Cambridge.
Who You'll Work With:
You’ll be working alongside incredibly talented individuals, like yourself, with a shared enthusiasm for software development. Cisco’s Ensoft team is entirely made up of people recruited as young, exceptional graduates from top universities who have developed into all the roles that make up our team today - from the management team to the industry leading technical experts.
We have a really friendly culture. It is a sign of how well people get on that employees arrange so many activities together in their spare time. This is on top of the many company funded social events arranged by our social team including team celebrations, walking weekends away, weekly five a side football, annual Christmas and Summer parties, and many other one-off events.
Who You Are and What You Need To Be Eligible:
- You must want a career developing software - that's what we do!
- The barrier to entry is high, so you need a proven academic capability. Graduated at one of the UK's leading Universities
- Some software experience is useful, but absolutely not essential. It's great to find recent graduates who spend their spare time writing code, who want to turn their creative outlet into a successful career. But we can also train graduates who have the right potential to shine at software engineering; our primary criteria for recruiting are potential and enthusiasm rather than what you happen to already know
- Finally, you must be sociable. The process is collaborative, so you should enjoy working closely with the other people in your team.
- Oh, by the way, we believe that we are creating an exceptional team, so you need a pride and passion for your work and should expect to work with us for many years.
Why Cisco ?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give you smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Join us for Cisco in 60 - a set of 60-minute webinars from November 2021 – April 2022 for potential candidates to experience Cisco. More info and register HERE.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.