Engineering Technical Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
Cisco is offering an extraordinary opportunity to drive transformation in security products through a low process, high throughput culture. We are looking for a technical leader that can help us evolve and innovate our highly successful and adopted Cloud Security products. This is an excellent way for an experienced and ambitious engineer to influence and innovate in a globally deployed product that many enterprises around the globe rely upon for protection against Internet threats,
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
Who you are:
- Strong expertise in typical SDLC practices, and ability to influence SDLC strategy.
- Good exposure to networking applications doing deep packet inspection.
- Strong knowledge of most common Layer 4-7 protocols.
- Strong, hands-on expertise in typical PaaS and IaaS platforms, such as Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Fluent and confident communication skills: both with external parties (customers, partners) and executive stakeholders.
- Experience working with customers and support on product deployments and complex issues
- Good technical leadership skills, capable of mentoring senior and junior engineers, contributing to internal and external thought leadership.
- Good hands-on coding skills in one or more common programming languages (Python, C, Go).
- Capable of rapid prototyping of innovative solutions.
- Background in software optimization and performance analysis.
- Domain familiarity with Information Security. (desired)
What you will do:
- Work on best of breed Cloud Security Solutions that provide comprehensive security to enterprises
- Build highly scalable Cloud Microservice solutions that secure a high volume of web traffic
- Troubleshoot and root cause critical customer issues.
- Support innovation and rapid prototyping in the product. Promote innovation opportunities and partner closely with Product Management on providing top notch product experience.
- Support and accelerate scalability, reliability and performance improvement in the product.
- Mentor engineers in the group and promote engineering excellence.
- Improve and recommend best SDLC practices.
Why cisco secure
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique. We bring our talents to work as a team each day, helping power an inclusive future for all. Get to know us! We’re global, we’re adaptable, we’re diverse, and our security portfolio is as extensive as it is groundbreaking. Have you heard of Threat, Detection & Response, Zero Trust by Duo, Common Services Engineering, or Cloud & Network Security? Those are only a few of our product teams! The only thing we’re missing is YOU.
Join an enterprise security leader with a start-up culture, committed to driving innovation and giving you the opportunity to make an impact. We #InnovateToWin and we know we’re better together, that’s why we’re dedicated to inclusivity, collaboration, and diversity in everything we do. We’re proud to be the Best Security Company in 2021 with the Best Authentication Technology and the Best Small and Mid-Size Enterprises Security Solution in 2022 by SC Media. Cisco Secure continues to grow and evolve year after year with 100% of Fortune 100 Companies using our products, and we’re excited to see the new heights we’ll reach with your passion for security, your customer focus, and your desire to change things up!
What else can you expect? An ongoing investment in your growth—that’s why we offer many employee resource groups (called Inclusive Communities), mentorship programs, and hundreds of learning resources to consistently level up your skillset and explore your interests. Because when you succeed, we succeed! “Cisco Secure offers an environment that combines cutting-edge, mission-critical, technology with some of the brightest, most diverse set of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.” – Chief of Staff, Engineering
Join Cisco Secure – Be You, With Us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.