Engineering Tech Lead - Cloud Networking
Location:Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing
What you'll do:
This is a role within Cisco's Cloud Networking Business Group (CNBG). You will have opportunity to develop & support software for the Nexus 9000/3000 Data Center product lines and be a key part of Cisco’s Data Center strategy that features application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. We are looking for someone like you who strives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will be part of a dedicated team that has epitomized open communications, empowerment, innovation, collaboration and customer success.
Who you'll work with:
You will work with a diverse group of some of the brightest problem solvers and thinkers in the Data Center Switching Services Team that work on QoS, Security, ACL, NAT, Telemetry, PTP, Load Balancing, Service Chaining, Ultra Low Latencies technologies for current & next generation Data Center & Cloud switches.
Who you are:
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic start-up like environment.
You have the ability to
- Define, design, deliver and support SDK, P4 code, Software modules for Cisco/merchant ASIC Data Center Switch Platforms
- Write complete functional and design specs independently
- Design, develop & debug large portions of software independently and rapidly
- Learn existing & maintain wide range of Data Center products & technologies
Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
Strong C, C++ and/or Python programming skills
Hands on experience on switch/router embedded system software development
Expertise in one of more of the following areas
- High scalable L2/L3 Ethernet switching and routing protocols
- QoS, Security, ACL, NAT, Policies, PBR, PFC, Load balancing, Service chaining
- Performance engineering, Routing Scale, Upgrades, OpenConfig, Patching
- Full stack PTP IEEE 1588v2, Servo, IEEE G.8275.1 and G8275.2 standards
- NetFlow, sFlow, INT, Flow Telemetry
- Developing SDK, P4, using ASIC Emulators & Sim modules
- 8+ years of related work experience is required
- Experience with High Availability, ISSU, Kernels
- Knowledge of Firewall, Deep packet inspection, Virtualization, Container & Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of networking technologies like TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, OTV
- Experience in developing Ultra Low Latency switch/router platforms
- Knowledge of Exchange & Marker Order, HFT, HPT applications
- Experience with Data Center fabrics and corresponding technologies like VxLAN/EVPN, SR/MPLS, ECMP, Multi-Site Fabrics, Controllers
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.